Tim Russert - RIP

This is a discussion on Tim Russert - RIP within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In case you haven't heard, NBC moderator of Meet the Press dies suddenly of a massive heart attack. RIP Tim....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Russert - RIP

Tim Russert - RIP

In case you haven't heard, NBC moderator of Meet the Press dies suddenly of a massive heart attack. RIP Tim.

2. Remove Ads

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    That was really a shock to hear. I don't think NBC has anyone that can replace Tim. He was about the only true news journalist left at NBC.

On Russert

I have been bombarding the Meet the Press' Question for Guests Page for weeks about DC vs Heller.

I knew that he was the only person in the media who could have gotten Barack to give a clear and straight answer on the case, and understood the political implications of concealed carry in places like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Virginia, and Florida.

Assuming that BHO is not taken on in a Town Hall Meeting by somebody, we probably will never have that clear answer.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

What a shock...and he was only 58...life has no guarantees...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacNewton View Post
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacNewton View Post
    +2. He was a good guy.

Sorry to hear about Tim, my condolences go out to his family.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

VIP Member
    I was introduced to Meet The Press by my dad, somewhere near the dawn of civilization, on a 13 inch black and white t.v. with rabbit ears. I think it was a Dumont, or was that the name of the TV station?

Russert has been one of the best hosts of that show if not the best.

My wife told me she heard speculation that he may have died from deep vein thrombosis. He'd just returned from an overseas celebration of his son's college graduation. Deep vein thrombosis is often a suddenly fatal ailment that hits folks who have been on long intercontinental flights.

If that was the cause, it was tremendous bad luck for Tim R., and a warning to all of us. When on a longish flight, be sure to get up and walk a little from time to time. Drink lots of fluid. Wiggle your feet. If able to do so, take the 1/3 strength aspirins for a few days before the flight, or perhaps a single aspirin at the onset of the flight.

Added later-- my wife just said it was a heart attack not deep vein thrombosis.
    I guess it depends on which station you listen to and when. Until the autopsy is done.
    Last edited by Hopyard; June 13th, 2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: to add a correction

The media has lost as fair a voice as it has, and NBC has no reputable news person at all.

He was one of a rare few.

Tim Russert was the only democrat I could stand. He was intellectually honest, he had the highest degree of integrity, and he was a really cool guy. He had earned my respect and I will miss his presence.

It's a shame. About the only journalist that I could stand to watch because he grilled everyone across the board.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Administrator
    Darn, I liked him.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    He was what a journalist should be. The special that NBC had about him tonight showed clips where he said "what a country."

He was a true patriot. The news media can only get worse now.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links