Gangbangers in America

This is a discussion on Gangbangers in America within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Loren W. Christensens book, GANGBANGERS, shows that..., "gangs are everywhere and they are here to stay in the big cities and small towns, in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gangbangers in America

Gangbangers in America

Loren W. Christensens book, GANGBANGERS, shows that..., "gangs are everywhere and they are here to stay in the big cities and small towns, in the suburbs and rural areas, on both coasts and in the heartland. No matter how many government dollars are given to feel-good organizations to reach out and interface with them, gangs and gangbangers keep increasing like cockroaches in a shabby tenement.

He also found that gangs are equal opportunity destroyers. Their members - and their victims - are white, black, Hispanic and Asian. His most disturbing discover, however, was that gangs are nastier than ever. Ten years ago gangbangers fought with fists, clubs and pistols. Now they have incredible firepower, they have lots of it, and they don't think twice about using it."

"The shooting of a 41-year-old Chicago mother on the South Side evoked a creative idea: Treat gang members as domestic terrorists.

Said Chicago Tribune reader “Welcome to Chicago”:

Laws should be adjusted to limit the rights of gang members. Gang members are domestic terrorists and should be handled using a higher level of force as well as vigilant strategic planning….Of course we care about everyone’s civil rights and rights as a citizen in this country. [But] as soon as an individual or group has proved that after several documentations by police that he is a gang member, then his or her rights should be similar to a terrorist."

What are your thoughts?

jp

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I don't think you have to limit their rights to put them away for a long time, if not forever.

Yes, these people are despicable. They don't belong in society. But as bad as they are, they also deserve the protections of the Constitution. Once you take away the rights from one group of people, where does it stop? Who's next?

These criminals can be removed from society legally. The person said that "after several documentations". What constitutes a documentation? Seeing a guy wearing a colored bandana? I would hope it's something a bit more concrete.

If the documentation is a crime, then punish them for the crimes. If it's not strong enough, make it stronger. If the laws aren't strong enough, make them stronger. Stop releasing them early. If the judges won't do it, replace them. If the politicians won't do it, replace them. They can be removed from the streets legally.

I just think it can be done without stripping away their rights. That's a road that I'm not willing to travel.

Around here, they mainly shoot each other. I'm all for fencing off their neighborhoods and air dropping ammo.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I think that each member taken into custody needs a .22 bullet in the back of the head. A box of 550 wal-mart specials will be cheap medicine for a deadly virius. Enough laws...they don't do squat.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    I think that each member taken into custody needs a .22 bullet in the back of the head. A box of 550 wal-mart specials will be cheap medicine for a deadly virius. Enough laws...they don't do squat.
    I'll help, where can I send the .22 shells?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    Agreed with one small difference. You don't take them into custody---you leave them lying in the streets where their homies can see them. Since our own government can't seem to control this situation, maybe it's time to find an independent contractor/exterminator.

Know why idiot kids join gangs?

Cuz when they walk around in that stupid clothing, talking like brain dead chimps, people laugh at them. But if they walk around in a group of people like themselves, they can pretend that people are laughing at someone else in the group.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Agreed with one small difference. You don't take them into custody---you leave them lying in the streets where their homies can see them. Since our own government can't seem to control this situation, maybe it's time to find an independent contractor/exterminator.
    OOH! OOOH! ME! I KNOW!
    Another tag on the hunting license!

oh, ok. Sorry.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

no, treating our citizens, even if they are criminals would set a bad precident for domestic terrorism. Cops shouldn't patrol our streets like the Gestappo, more law abiding citizens need to start carrying guns and start neighborhood watches.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    no, treating our citizens, even if they are criminals would set a bad precident for domestic terrorism. Cops shouldn't patrol our streets like the Gestappo, more law abiding citizens need to start carrying guns and start neighborhood watches.
    Agree......these JD's aren't 'wannabe's' anymore, they are 'gonnabe's'. Every citizen that can legally, physically and mentally carry should do so. If I am my brothers keeper....it's my duty.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Reasonable prison sentences would quickly solve the problem - so many of the worst have been convicted of numerous felonies and are out on the streets doing it again. Parole should be a once-in-a-lifetime chance for first offenders only.

5 minutes in the penalty box might work in ice hockey, but it does not seem to be working out on our streets.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Since gangbangers are really terrorist, I think they should have their rights taken completely away. Law enforcement should be able to search them anytime they want, beat the living hell out of them when they feel like, shoot to kill on site when they become too threating ............
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    Since gangbangers are really terrorist, I think they should have their rights taken completely away. Law enforcement should be able to search them anytime they want, beat the living hell out of them when they feel like, shoot to kill on site when they become too threating ............
    And waterboard the truth out of 'em

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    And waterboard the truth out of 'em
    oh yeah I forgot that one, I know I sound really harsh but I hate criminals.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

VIP Member
    You know, there must be some isolated area of Alaska where folks adjudicated as gang members can be sent after they complete their sentence, or once they are out on parole.

The Russians knew how to use Siberia to maintain order.

Bet these kids from El Salvador and Guatemala would have a heck of a time
    adjusting to the new climate---

A one way ticket to the Alaska Anwar national preserve with the only option for survival being to become the lowest level employee of an oil drilling company (at half pay) might do wonders both for safety in the lower forty eight AND the emotional development of these morons.

And if they don't behave there, set them afloat on a chunk of ice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links