Mystery solved - Page 2

Mystery solved

This is a discussion on Mystery solved within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by goawayfarm Air Force One practices touch & go's there...........They're usually there 2-3 times a month. Richmond's runway is to short for 747s ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery solved

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Air Force One practices touch & go's there...........They're usually there 2-3 times a month. Richmond's runway is to short for 747s to operate from.......
    That's what made it so weird for us, at the time, I lived about a mile from the airport straight up Airport Drive, we saw it all the time, I had never seen it pitching and throttling up and down like that. Being at night, we couldn't see the markings on it till we got up to the gates on the back side of the airport and caught the lights of the Air Guard Helo base on the side of the plane. It must have banked to better than 45 degrees, and I mean right now, all while no more than 2-3wingspans above the trees.

Just a side note, anyone fly into Richmond and listen to the cockpit chatter, No in-flight movie one time, so we had the option to listen in, It was pretty cool to hear one tower pass us off to the next as we made our way home, and the tower telling of previous planes giving notices about turbulence as certain altitudes, kind of seemed old school for just a couple of years ago. DC tower had us as we approached the city, the pilot even mentioned seeing the city lights, I expected them to transfer us to Richmond tower any time, they finally did, as we flew over the edge of the airport grounds, they told the pilot to contact the RIC tower on #$% channel for taxing instructions. I knew RIC was a relatively small airport, but gees, not even taking their own inbound flights till after they touch down. What's up with that?
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

V8 [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    V8 - That's probably the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in years: bravo!
    Stop it or you'll start encouraging me. The mod's are busy enough. (so I've found out)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links