Do you fear law enforcement officers? - Page 6

Do you fear law enforcement officers?

This is a discussion on Do you fear law enforcement officers? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No Absolutely not, Do I believe they are like everyone else? No, Do I believe they are human? yes, Now as far as for being ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Do you fear law enforcement officers?

Do I fear Leos?

No Absolutely not,
    Do I believe they are like everyone else? No, Do I believe they are human? yes, Now as far as for being like everyone else, Not every one sees life as an Leo,and i'm no Leo,Although I have a younger brother who is one and 2 cousins and one past on that was retired. IMO most Leos dont see life as we see it, they see alot of bad out there sometimes more bad then good.How many of us can say this? In a sence when you see so much crime as they do how can you look at everyone the same? it kinda sets them apart from everyone else.I'm wondering and i have to ask my lil brother this with all the bad you see can you look at everyone as the same?(by the way this is just my opinion if there are any leos out there and i know your out there please if i am wrong by the way i see it let me know. i feel this is why most if not all are suspicious about people.But i show them respect and i have recieved nothing but respect from them. remember they are a cop 24/7 when we are done with our job we are done til the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I think 'fear' is the wrong word. Some apprehensive, driven by the media and horror stories. But I also think the LEOs of the world do not get enough credit for the job they do and commitment they make.

Rick
    Agreed. I couldn't seem to find the correct word(s) at the time to convey my feelings. Apprehensive or uncomfortable should replace fear. I think most have gotten the jest of the post and I'd hate to intentionally mislead anyone. I think most have maintained their composure and many experiences have come out of the deal good or bad. Point is we all learn a little bit more about our every day life experiences with a little bit of anonymity perhaps. It's important for folks to flat out tell the truth every once in a while about certain issues. Personally, I've had good and bad experiences in this subject and I still hold law enforcement in high regards. Heck---alot of LEO's hang out at my favorite gun shop. One was there last week when the gunsmith was gone and moved the rear sight on my G22 slide free of charge. A young man been on the city PD for years and he hangs out at my favorite indoor range too. In a way, I sort of hoped my post would elicit a similar post by anyone involved in law enforcement to dispel some of the feelings portrayed here. I'm thankful the thread has not gotten out of hand as far as the mods see it, and as it were, was never posted in means of any bashing one way or the other. In that aspect, I think we've come a long way as a community in being able to air our perceptions to the public where otherwise it might be considered unthinkable.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links