Dreams

This is a discussion on Dreams within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last night I had a dream that realy shook me up a little. In my dream I was in a situation where I had to ...

Thread: Dreams

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Dreams

Last night I had a dream that realy shook me up a little. In my dream I was in a situation where I had to use my carry gun, and when I pulled the triger it went click I squeezed again click, again click, after the 3rd click I remember seing the BG muzzle flash and I woke up covered in sweat. The first thing I did this morning was go out and put 50 rounds through my SP101 just to make sure, but that mental image of it going click when I needed it to go bang has stuck with me all day. Even though it wasn't real its awful hard to forget.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Ahh did him hav a bad dreem? OK a nightmare! You probably need counseling. Lie down and tell me, Did you hate your mother? Perhaps you don't feel adequate. You might want to start carrying .50 S&W!!

Assistant Administrator
    Bruce - IMO this scenario dream is in exactly same category as some others.

Notably - the fire you are in and legs don't work to run.

The water scene where you can't stay afloat.

Maybe even too - falling occurrences.

Shrinks probably have cute explanations but it seems not that abnormal to dream of failure situations tho - sure - they can be very scary! I can't explain them but I think many of us may have experienced them - sometime or other.

Glad to say at my advanced age - these days dreams are basically zany or bizarre and actually quite fun!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I've had two recurring dreams in the past several months... I wrote them down. They've both stopped finally.

I warn you this is long. It's finally stopped recurring but I had this dream about 8 or 9 times, remembering a little more detail each time.

For some bizarre reason I am out at 1 or 2 AM, having made a late night trip for something and I can never remember what. I'm coming back home and I stop at the intersection near my home where two highways intersect. Suddenly I see a Tahoe the oncoming lane veer to its left (my right) and it broadsides a passenger car, an Altima I think.

Immediately I put on my emergency blinkers and I try to call 911 three times but the first two times my phone acts like it can't get reception. The third time it rings 12 times before cutting off. Flustered, I drive through a red light and onto the roadside some 60 feet from the crash.

That's when I notice that the Tahoe's doors are open and there's no one in the cab, but the Altima is wrapped around the Tahoe like a banana and the engine compartment is on fire. There's someone inside. I try to open the door and drag the person out but the door is locked.

I open my toolbox and grab my gloves and a 36" wrecker bar I keep in there and not knowing what else to do, I knock the glass out of the back window, which takes 6 or 7 whacks for some reason, and I'm able to open the door and get inside, where I unlock the passenger side door. I slip out of the car and open the other door and I'm about to drag that person out when suddenly there's someone standing on either side of me.

I start to say something when suddenly the person behind me jumps inside the now open passenger door and I can hear a scream coming from inside. The other person throws his hands up in the air and he's holding a severed arm and then comes running at me.

For some reason I have my 686, that's a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum revolver for you gun illiterate types, and the only thing I know to do is draw and fire. I don't have time to bring a light into the situation. The muzzle flash blinds me and makes me twitch, but the advancing figure suddenly stops and hunkers down, but gets back up again.

I shoot it again in the COM and it keeps coming. So then I shoot it in the pelvis and it falls over forward. Then the thing starts crawling forward towards me with its arms. Not knowing what else to do I take careful aim and shoot it in the head and it finally stops moving.

In the meantime I realize there's still another one in the cab and I get my light out of my pocket. As it emerges I can clearly see it's a zombie. I level my sights on the brainpan and fire a single action shot, and I see gore splatter on the glass of the car door.

From here it gets a bit hazy. I drive back home and see people wandering the streets and they're all zombies. I get back to my apartment complex and I see zombies wandering around everywhere, but they're widely dispersed. Boldly I drive to my building and use my truck as a battering ram.

For the moment my surroundings are clear of zombies. I have my 642, which is a .38 caliber revolver made by Smith and Wesson for you gun illiterate types, and I'm otherwise out of ammunition save for a single round left in my other revolver. Which is weird because normally I don't carry my 686, and I always have one speed strip when I carry my .38.

Anyway I realize that a 642 isn't a very good anti zombie weapon as it's difficult for me personally to make headshots on a moving target with. I load the .38 special cartridges into my larger revolver.

I take my door key off the key ring and leave the truck unlocked and running. I then back up the stairs part way so that I'm as close to my door as possible.

Anyway I run inside and lock the door. I see a couple of zombies a short distance away when I look out the window. I quickly grab my survival backpack, which for some weird reason isn't in the truck already, I open the door, and I throw it in the bed of the truck.

I manage to spend about an hour throwing all sorts of crap back there. Ammunition, guns, food, water, batteries, first aid, clothes, towels... I don't get everything but I realize I'm not coming back.

Anyway I go out and there's three zombies waiting for me. I carefully take aim and hit the first one dead on and it falls over limp. The second one starts coming at me but it's very slow and I squeeze off a one shot kill again. The third zombie hasn't turned around yet. I make a run for it and jump in the truck and close and lock the door. The third zombie scrapes its nails across my window.

It's about 3 AM, and I do something I normally wouldn't otherwise do. I drive to Walmart. I don't know why I drive to Walmart because that would be a stupid idea. But in my dream I do and I guess that would make for a better movie.

There's about 5 or 6 zombies shambling around the parking lot and I run them all over. I then realize that if I go in through the front entrace that's where most of the zombies will be.

I stop at the gas pump and I fill up my tank and my gas can.

I grab a shopping cart and throw it in the bed of the truck too. I load two rifles, one of which is my .22, and grab the 3 foot wrecking bar from my toolbox. I manage to break into the auto parts department entrance somehow. That part is fuzzy.

Anyway sporting goods is right there. I see three zombies and I carefully pick them off with my .22, and the zombies on the far side of the store don't respond to the noise so apparently my idea works.

I start stealing crap. I grab every long gun on the rack and all the ammunition that will fit in the cart. I even crack open the knife case and the optics case and steal like crazy.

I dump that all and then I go back and steal all sorts of flashlights, camping equipment, and anything else I can get my hands on.

The next trip I go to automotive and I steal oil, filters, belts, and empty gas cans.

I make one more run and grab water, trail mix, granola, cereal, anything I can get my hands on. I have to stop and kill one zombie wearing a Walmart uniform with my wrecker bar.

This takes about 3-4 hours and the sun is starting to come up. The reality finally sets in when I see that a mass of humanity has broken the front doors down and is raiding the store. I drop the cart and run for the truck. I get there and take off just as people come running out and yelling at me, realizing I took almost all of the guns. I don't know for the life of me why I'd take more than 12 or 13.

The traffic on the highway is absurd for the time of morning but I drive off anyway, realizing that there's too many zombies here to stay. Eerily, once I get about an hour away from town, everything is calm and peaceful.

I stop at a gas station, rifle in hand, and check it out carefully. It's pay at the pump so I fill all the gas cans and top off the tank. I elect not to go in the store.

I see crew cab 4WD pickup truck on the side of the road. There's a corpse laying next to it and I shoot it in the head. I go to check it out and it's a late model Chevrolet with only 38,000 miles on it. The keys are in the dead man's pocket and the tank is full. It's an agonizing decision because I know the gas mileage is going to suck on this thing, but it's got a heavy suspension and skid plates and a heavy duty brushguard. I pop the hood and realize I'm not a mechanic but it looks good. The fluid levels are all set and the tire pressure is good too.

I take the time to transfer supplies and actually organize things a little bit as I do so. I work frantically but it still takes two hours because I need everything in my toolbox and this other truck doesn't even have a tool box. I have to unmount mine and drag into the bed of the other truck. I drive my truck off the road a bit where you can't see it from the highway and steal the new ride.

It continues on but it's still hazy. It actually kind of frightens me that the first thing I do when the zombies invade is go steal someone else's property. I realize it's a dream, but then again I suppose if there really were zombies I don't know what I'd do.
    I'm not sure how it should end really.

I am standing in the parking lot of my local Target store. For you "ferners" (say it with my Texas accent) that's one of those monster mart retail chains. I shop for cheap flashlights there, and their electronics section is generally more interesting than another store of that type's...

Anyway I'm in the parking lot and it's on a weekend and it's nearing dark. For some reason there's only like 3 cars there (just me and my truck).

So I park the truck and I walk up to the door and this little girl walks up to me. And she says in her little voice:

"Mister, this man bit me and it really hurts and I can't find my mommy."

And she's just as calm as can be. I take my light out and kneel down. I shine it on her arm and it's nearly been chewed off. It's really, really gross.

"Oh my God." is all I can say and I pick her up and dash to the customer service counter because I know they'll have a first aid kit back there, plus we need someone to call the authorities, etc.

I approach the counter and there's only one guy in a Target smock and he keeps ramming a shopping cart against the counter over and over again like an idiot.

"Excuse me sir!" I say very loudly, almost screaming.

He turns around and he's hideous. One eye is gouged out, and his jaw is dislocated. He moves in a very herky jerky motion. One hand tightly clasps a utility knife (think boxcutter) and it's bloody. He starts shambling towards me.

"Get the hell away from me!" I yell at him and I backpedal. Like an idiot I run deeper into the store and he follows us, making a staccato stabbing motion with the knife, like he means to ream me like he was a sewing machine. He's not very fast but the little girl is trying to get away from me and I have to wrestle her and run at the same time.

Suddenly he's gone, and we're in the Pharmacy. She calms down and I make her sit down as I take a bottle of rubbing alcohol, some Neosporin, and some gauze off the shelf. I'm holding her arm and saying "This is going to hurt real bad, but we've got to disinfect it and get you to a hospital."

I finally think to call 911 when the boxcutter zombie is back. I pick the little girl up and run again but the aisle is blocked off by a large display that's too large to move quickly. The zombie keeps coming.

"Cover your ears." I tell her and I produce my pistol. "Come any closer and I'm going to shoot you." Of course he doesn't listen.

He takes two steps and I shoot him square in the chest. Naturally he keeps coming. "Great, a druggy" I think. He's not moving very fast so I aim for the forehead. I miss and hit him in the mouth instead. The back of his head explodes and blood goes everywhere.

I turn around and the little girl is gone. I figure the sounds of the shots must have scared her because they are as loud as all get out inside that store.

Anyway I stop being an idiot for a second and call the authorities. Well I try to. I can't get through. I then realize I have to find that little girl. I move out of the aisle and that's when I finally realize something is wrong with these people.

Luckily there aren't too many of them. I run through the store dodging most of them and have to shoot 5 of them, but I figure out if you run right up to them and just stop, you can easily make the head shot before they react. I'm down to 6 shots and I dig out my spare magazine as I run.

I find the little girl in sporting goods and she hisses at me like an animal. I realize she's turned into one of these things and I run out of the store, killing 3 more of them.

I get out in the parking lot and realize I'm the only living person there. I open my car door and get my lever action carbine from behind the seat. I throw it in the passenger side seat and grab the ammunition belt I keep for it from the glove compartment and throw it on across my chest.

At this point, I start the truck and I run over two of them. This store isn’t very far from where I live so I drive to my apartment… zombies everywhere but I need the supplies.

I find they’re at least spread out pretty well, and I go to my building. It seems most of the zombies have lots of victims and I feel horrible as I drive by while people scream for help… but there’s just so many of them.

I pull up next to my apartment and actually back up over grass to get as close as possible. I grab an armful of stuff and run for it and make it inside.

Once in the apartment I immediately disassemble and move furniture to make barricades. This actually takes several hours. I resolve that I need to make a plan and I pull out my maps.

The plan I come up with is to clear the immediate area of zombies and then head west along what’s not a major highway. I remember something at this point about getting my .22 caliber rifles loaded, and somehow using some extensions cords and a rolling chair I rig up something that would slow down a zombie who tried to follow me, and I go up stairs with my SKS at the ready and make sure there’s no zombies… what’s weird is all the apartment doors are unlocked and no one is there.

I sleep one night, and then the next morning I go three stories up with my .22s and start taking pot shots. I go through a brick of .22 LR ammunition but I kill about 100 of the things. I realize there’s tons more, but that clears the immediate area and buys me time to load everything up.

From here it’s fuzzy, but for some reason at some point I’m running around with my 10/22 carbine, supporting the gun with the back of my forearm while holding a light in the left hand and shooting zombies point blank right in the skull. I think this dream is longer and I just can’t remember it all.

1952 - 2006
    I had one recurring nightmare after Vietnam for many years.

On recon in one of those places we were never in, in sunny SE Asia, I was part of a 5 man recon team. I'm on point and as I walk through the bush I come face to face with a young NVA soldier. As usual in this neck of the woods he's walking with his AK-47 slung over his shoulder. I have my Carl Gustov M45 Swedish K at the ready. He's 20' away and I let go a 3 round burst into him, the gun chuggs with it's suppressor, as it is supposed to, and the bullets fall from the end of the muzzle. He grins as he levels his AK online, the muzzle flashes as I wake in a pool of sweat.
    Thank God that's been gone for a number of years now.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrator

Euclidean

Euc...I WAS goin to read your dreams but, I think I'd rather wait for the movie to come out & then I'll rent it. :poke:

Assistant Administrator
    Euc - you must have watched way too many ''Living Dead'' movies in your your youth!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

You don't know how far my love of zombies extends. They're coming! Any day now.

VIP Member
    I have firearm related dreams on a fairly frequent basis....usually I'm confronting a Bad Guy, and when I fire at him the gun goes off, but absolutely nothing happens to him, like firing a blank

Guess I need to contact Miss Cleo for a psychic "dream read"
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    You don't know how far my love of zombies extends. They're coming! Any day now.
    Euc.ya gotta keep telling yourself "it's only a dream......I't's only a dream...

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I have had similar dreams, exept the gun goes off, but is useless. Basically like a BB gun. The other intersting thing is no matter how hard I try, when I run I am REALLLLLLLLLLLLY slow!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

After some serious contemplating I have come to the following conclusions. Bruce you need a drink. If you need help deciding what to drink there is a very good thread (which I believe you started as well) entitled For the Beer Drinkers Here....

Euc, you on the other hand. Just remember, the men in white coats are your friends. And they've got a nice comfy jacket for people who love themselves just for you!

A1C Lickey

When we were in our workup before going to Iraq, our unit had the pleasure and privilege of receiving a lecture by Lt. Col. David Grossman (US Army Ret., psychologist, author of On Killing and On Combat - I've read On Combat, and it is VERY good reading, I recommend it to anyone). At any rate, one of the topics he touched lightly on were dreams like this, where you would attempt to fire at an enemy and your rifle would simply 'click'. His take on these dreams meant that the dreamer, in his or her own mind, felt that they didn't have enough training or preparedness. Basically, in their subconscious, they didn't feel 'ready'. Now I'm not alluding to anything, don't get me wrong. You could probably have all the training in the world and in reality, be more than ready to deal with a threat. This is just how he explained the subconscious letting the person know that it may not be ready. Take it how you will.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Conceal This.

I've spoken to several returing Troops who pass thru the Store. They all hav ethe same feeling that everything happens in slow motion when in a firefight. They also find themselves in dreams such as we're talking about, but also find it easier to defend themselves when the time arises du to their dreams they encounter.

Links