Japanese invent car that runs on water...

This is a discussion on Japanese invent car that runs on water... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought this was a pipe dream but here it is. Check out this video and judge for yourself. The vide can be found HERE....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese invent car that runs on water...

I thought this was a pipe dream but here it is. Check out this video and judge for yourself.

The vide can be found HERE.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

DC Founder
    I had a video, before my PC crash, of a guy in California that had about the same thing. He had been driving it for quite a while I think. If I find it I'll post it for ya....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

wow....
    two unfortunate truths that this car will not be made available to the american public anytime soon.
    1- either limited availability or too much $$$ to purchase.
    2- politics of one sort or another...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

It's not what you think it is. It doesn't "run on water." A battery inside the car separates the water into H2 and O2, then burns that. So the water is irrelevant to the equation: the battery itself could just run the car. Separating and then recombining water actually loses energy. You'll have to recharge the battery offline.

Somehow I doubt a claim that the Second Law of Thermodynamics has been repealed can be supported by one video from Reuters.

VIP Member
    What's the big deal?

The USA had a truck that ran on water back in WWII.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DaveH; June 22nd, 2008 at 01:16 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

It would be great but aren't there water shortages around the world and last time I checked gasoline wasn't drinkable
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I bet they'll start charging us $6 a gallon for it
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    It's not what you think it is. It doesn't "run on water." A battery inside the car separates the water into H2 and O2, then burns that. So the water is irrelevant to the equation: the battery itself could just run the car. Separating and then recombining water actually loses energy. You'll have to recharge the battery offline.

Somehow I doubt a claim that the Second Law of Thermodynamics has been repealed can be supported by one video from Reuters.
    Exactly.

+1

There's a guy in Jacksonville, Fl. showing his 'adaptation' of a welding generator that uses the hydrogen and oxygen seperated by the generator to greatly increase a car's MPG.

Can't find the origional news story but here's a link to a similar product....

HelpMeSaveFuel.com - Videos - Aquygen - Best Fuel Economy - Fuel Saving Devices - Gas Saving - Hydrogen Gas - Save Fuel - Car Fuel Economy
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

To get the hydrogen and oxygen that the car uses for fuel takes more fuel than it would to just run the car. This is another case where 'thinking green' merely indicated a brain fungus
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    I bet they'll start charging us $6 a gallon for it
    Hey it's already higher than that.......a 16oz Disani bottle of water at the local 'stop & rob' is a $1.59!!!!...that's $12.75 a gallon!

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    To get the hydrogen and oxygen that the car uses for fuel takes more fuel than it would to just run the car. This is another case where 'thinking green' merely indicated a brain fungus
    Sadly, most of the 'think green' schemes are just that.....All emotion & no serious thought. Look at incandescent vs. florescent bulbs.....yes florescent use less energy to give off light, but they use that savings up in the energy required to manufacture them. Then once the bulb fails you're now left with a pressurized container which has mercury vapor & other heavy metals to dispose of.....How 'green' is that?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Sadly, most of the 'think green' schemes are just that.....All emotion & no serious thought.
    I wouldn't go that far. Many are, but quite a few are steps towards a better product. Sure, many of the alternative cars use more energy to convert their alternative source to useable energy now, but that's why they aren't really marketable yet. They are prototypes to build upon and improve.

I'm with you on incadescent vs florescent bulbs, though. Less energy to use, more toxic waste left behind.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Many are, but quite a few are steps towards a better product. .... They are prototypes to build upon and improve.
    + 1

However, the "Greens" often adopt "solutions" w/o considering the "problem of scale" and the "problem of unintended consequences."

Bio-diesel and ethanol are good examples. What works on a small scale using surplus production, can have a major negative impact when expanded to a larger scale and the demand for resources overwhelms any existing surplus production. Large scale alternative use of land resources pushes up the cost of the other alternatives and the unintended consequences is that food prices go up. Then as the industry expands production to meet the growing alternative use, they increase the use of fuel and petrochemicals, which were not a factor when Bio-diesel and ethanol was just a minor factor utilizing surplus production of the existing operations.

It goes beyond the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Some schemes also try to violate the Law of Supply and Demand. You can't get something for nothing.

OTOH, we need to keep looking for those steps towards a better product. I did see one proposal that I thought might be worth looking at. Batteries have a weight problem as well as a disposal problem. (Yes I know that if everyone followed the law, disposal would be only an economic problem, not a "green" problem. -- But if everyone followed the law....)

FWIIW -- The idea focused on the idea that storing energy as electricity is a challenge. This idea was that using off-peak electric production, (or even developing tidal or wind production where it is not currently economical because of it's nature driven production schedule being out of sync with the human demand schedule) to split water into hydrogen and oxygen as a method of storing energy until needed.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

+1

In energy conversion you can't win. You can't even break even. Converting from one form of energy to another always "costs" more than what you started with.

Now, if the battery can be recharged with solar cells, and nothing else, that might be a winning combination.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Now, if the battery can be recharged with solar cells, and nothing else, that might be a winning combination.
    But that would be negligible. Even if the entire roof of a car were a solar array, you'd still get at most 1 HP from the sun, ongoing, and only at noon on a sunny day, no other time. That puts to the side the issue of who would want to own a car with a solar array on the roof, plus what happens to the delicate, fragile array over time as rain, leaves, snow, guano build up on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links