who woulda thunk

This is a discussion on who woulda thunk within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; New York man accused of hiding in woman's couch Fri Jun 20, 7:00 PM ET Police say a New York man cut a hole in ...

Thread: who woulda thunk

who woulda thunk

New York man accused of hiding in woman's couch Fri Jun 20, 7:00 PM ET

Police say a New York man cut a hole in a woman's couch and hid in the carved-out space until she came home. Newburgh police said the woman sat on the couch Wednesday evening and felt a bump in the cushions move.

She jumped up and David Joe Limones emerged from his hiding place, knocking a cell phone out of her hand.

The woman was on the phone with a friend when she entered her apartment because she had filed an earlier complaint against Limones and was worried he might be there. Police said she had asked the friend to stay on the line and call police if something went wrong.

When officers arrived, they found Limones and the 22-year-old woman arguing on the apartment's balcony.

Limones, 27, faces burglary and other charges. He is being held on $20,000 bail.

County officials, including those at the public defenders office and the sheriff's department, were unable to provide the name of Limones' lawyer.
    I gotta say this is a first,I guess he musta won all the hide and go seek games when he was a kid
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I gotta say this is a first,I guess he musta won all the hide and go seek games when he was a kid

I know one thing I would have had to get a new couch because it would have been riddled with bullets
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    One time I wanted to surprise my fiance so I hid behind all those girly pillows she had thrown onto her bed. Worked like a charm. She had no idea until I raised my head and she spotted me in the mirror.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    One time I wanted to surprise my fiance so I hid behind all those girly pillows she had thrown onto her bed. Worked like a charm. She had no idea until I raised my head and she spotted me in the mirror.
    I hid in my fiance's (then, now wife) closet one time.

The lecture I got was far worse than the punch that came first.

Learned that lesson...sort of, mostly.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hm. A couch potato robber. That's a first.

So, burglary charges. But, he lay in wait and sprung the trap when she returned. Burglary vs. robbery is the presence of someone in the home, yes? Seems to me that those "other charges" had better be including robbery, assault, etc., else the DA is smoking something.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links