Parking Sucks Rant.

This is a discussion on Parking Sucks Rant. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; so... i run out to get chinese food, and when i get back, there isnt a parking space till you get a block and a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking Sucks Rant.

Parking Sucks Rant.

so... i run out to get chinese food, and when i get back, there isnt a parking space till you get a block and a half away from my house... which sucks totally, cuz its all parking permit only, and i finally got a permit... but theres all these people from the college that park everywhere...

im debating calling the cops cuz i have to park so far away just to get to my house, but i have a feeling it will be more of a "suck it up" sorta thing...

any advice

Mike

(sorry about the horrible grammer :))

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    If they have parking permits nothing can be done. If they don't and it isn't a towing enforced zone all the police will do is write tickets. If the students are anything like they are here those tickets more than likely will be trashed and no enforcement of them will be done. I did security for some frats and sirorities for their parties years ago and had to park my car 4-6 blocks away. A student who got a parking ticket no problem, anyone else they would hunt you down like a dog. College towns usually bend over backwards for the students. Good luck.

its not even students, a lot of the students do their best not to park on the streets because of that... bbut theres this performing arts thing, and its all these people that go there, they fill the parking lot and over flow to the streets... i know they dont have parking permits, ive checked (they are supposed to be displayed in the lower passenger side of the windshield, or the passenger door window)...

its just really annoying to live here, and have to park almost 2 blocks away. i do my best to park only in front of my house, or infront of the neighbors, so others can park near their house (my neighbor has a big yard, about 4 cars long). maybe im too considerate... or maybe i should have never gone out for chinese.

its funny though because when i left, there wasnt a car around, and i thought that was odd... but when i came back.... well i had a few choice words for the cars that took my spot

Oh, now that you add that its a performing arts thing, I would call the police and the tow company.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

It's your home.

If the police don't show any love, head to the city council to explore their position on the inability of homeowners to park at their own homes. College town or not, not every place shafts homeowners for such things.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeprekopa View Post
    so... i run out to get chinese food, and when i get back, there isnt a parking space till you get a block and a half away from my house... which sucks totally, cuz its all parking permit only, and i finally got a permit... but theres all these people from the college that park everywhere...

im debating calling the cops cuz i have to park so far away just to get to my house, but i have a feeling it will be more of a "suck it up" sorta thing...

any advice

Mike

(sorry about the horrible grammer :))
    I used to have Chinese food delivered on occasion. Might save you some gas and eliminate the musical chairs situation with parking. In any case I recommend not getting an ulcer over the thing. You'll figure out a solution to this aggravation. It's small stuff.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I used to have Chinese food delivered on occasion. Might save you some gas and eliminate the musical chairs situation with parking. In any case I recommend not getting an ulcer over the thing. You'll figure out a solution to this aggravation. It's small stuff.
    Pun intended?
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    If the students are anything like they are here those tickets more than likely will be trashed and no enforcement of them will be done.
    LOL Ah the memories.

When I was in college, many years ago, the town's fine for overtime parking was less than feeding the meter for six hours. The "ticket" was on a little envelope to pay the fine and there were boxes for the fine envelopes every block.

OTOH, paid off-street parking was costly.

Students, employees, etc. parked at a meter, left it all day, and considered the cost of the fine a bargain price for all day parking.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Exercise is good for you ;)
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

How much would a box of roofing nails cost you at Lowes?

I bought a house with a driveway
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    How much would a box of roofing nails cost you at Lowes?
    or 2 small pebbles 1 inside each of the plastic valve caps, same results with out the damage. Nobody keeps 2 spare tires in the trunk. When you unscrew the valve cap to put in air, nobody ever notices that the small pebble fell out and they scratch their head on why they got 2 flats?!.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I bought a house with a driveway
    yep - so did I - didn't stop someone from parking in it either... he was surprised a couple of hours later when he came back and his car was on blocks too...

oh wait, it now gets better... so i finally get a space to park, its a car in front, then me, then about 5 feet to a fire hydrant... well some ass parked about, and i mean literally 6 inches off my bumper, IF THAT, infront of the hydrant... so it took me a few mins. to do the 50 point turn to get out from between... i freakin hate peopple around here...

and i thought about flattening the tires of the people in my spot, but there were too many, and i thought about getting this guy's, but im too nice :D

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    yep - so did I - didn't stop someone from parking in it either... he was surprised a couple of hours later when he came back and his car was on blocks too...
    I have a wealthy, very eccentric friend who lives near downtown Cincinnati. All summer long, he has the same problem, people parking in is driveway for events going on in the city.
    So, he calls a tow company (OK, its really just some hillbilly with a tow truck) and has the cars towed to random and busy mall or Walmart parking lots at least 25 miles away in the burbs.

Slightly illegal, but funny.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links