Curious, what wrist do you wear your watch on?

This is a discussion on Curious, what wrist do you wear your watch on? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd like to see the results of this. Please post what wrist you wear your watch on and whether you are right or left handed. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curious, what wrist do you wear your watch on?

I'd like to see the results of this. Please post what wrist you wear your watch on and whether you are right or left handed.

This topic came up between a few friends and I the other day when one of them finally noticed after about 2 years that I wear my watch on my left wrist though I am right handed. The entire group argued that I am "backwards". They claim that righties should wear their watches on their right wrist and lefties should wear them on their left wrist. The odd part about it all is that I remember writing lefty at a very young age but was forced to switch to righty due to some quack job of a nun who would yell at me and ramble on some garbage about lefties being evil or some ridiculous religious mumbo jumbo of that nature. I am also told that I tie my shoes left handed lol But I write and throw a ball right handed. Anyway, please let me know which wrist you wear a watch on and if you're a righty or lefty.

Also, while in the military ... early on I had major difficulty qualifying with my M-16. It wasn't until one Drill Instructor realized that I was firing right-handed while using my left eye to sight. He had me do a few drills and told me he was sure that I was a natural lefty because I am left-eye dominant.....yet I still shoot righty.

I also kick predominatly left legged.

I know the chances are slim....but has anyone else ever experienced anything similar?

What should I do?

A- Attempt to train my right eye to sight

or

B- Re-learn to fire left handed?

Or perhaps try to figure out a way to compensate?

This all comes up because I finally remembered while all of my shot are off. I see the target just fine, but am way off with each shot.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Right handed and the watch is on left wrist.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    I am left-handed and wear my watch on my left wrist. Being right eye dominate I do shoot right-handed.

What would you guys do...train right eye to take ove dominance or learn to shoot lefty?

My left hand is by no means "weak". I would only worry about cordination and reflex.

B52
    I am the same right handed, but left eyed dominant. I figured out quickly how to qualify with the M16 at boot camp too and even get marksman every time I requalify. I wear my watch on my left wrist and my buddy that is left handed wears his on his right. I just have learned how to compensate for this and shoot pretty good, but I tend to get a headache if I shoot for more than 2.5 hours. When I am bored I hold my right index finger about 1.5 feet infront of me and train my eyes to make up for the difference.

VIP Member
    Mine is on a belt loop.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Normal eyed...right handed, watch on the left as intended. That's why the stem is on the right side.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Right handed. I don't wear a watch--I have a cell phone-it has my clock.

I was right handed but due to a spinal injury had to learn to shoot left handed,I can shoot extremely well left handed but it takes lots of practice
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Left handed, watch on left wrist. Right eye dominant, shoot right handed.

Kinda strange, but eat and write left handed, everything athletic is right handed.
    "Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing" - British citizen

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b52ace View Post
    Left handed, watch on left wrist. Right eye dominant, shoot right handed.

Kinda strange, but eat and write left handed, everything athletic is right handed.
    I'm almost a mirror image of you. Right handed left eye dominant ...you get the picture.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right hand. I was always told that right handers are supposed to wear there watch on their left and there wallet should also be in their left pocket and visa versa

VIP Member
    Left handed, watch on right & right-eye dominant!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

right handed watch on left wrist and left eye domaint.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I am right handed and wear my watch on the left hand. A wrist-watch is supposed to be worn on the left, like previously mentioned that is why the stem is on the right.

Most people who wear their watch on their right hand (this is mainly for right-handed people) do it because it makes it easier to "show off" their shiny Rolex or whatever. Believe me, I meet more fancy watch wearing people in my line of work than most anyone else, and this really does hold true.

I find that wearing my watch on the right hand just gets in the way, as that's the hand I use for things the most.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links