Special license plates in California

This is a discussion on Special license plates in California within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Special license plates allow California government workers, lawmakers and police to avoid paying tolls or photo tickets. A total of 996,716 special government license plates ...

Thread: Special license plates in California

Special license plates in California

Special license plates allow California government workers, lawmakers and police to avoid paying tolls or photo tickets. A total of 996,716 special government license plates have been issued to 1800 state and local agency law enforcement personnel, judges, district attorneys, politicians and their friends giving them immunity from photo ticketing and tolls. These special plates secretly keep the identity of the vehicle owner out of the computerized databases that track ordinary motorists making it impossible for red light camera companies, collection agencies for parking tickets and toll road violations, to mail citations. The Confidential Records Program (CPR) was introduced 1978 to protect vulnerable police officers from criminal threats. But the CPR has become a perk handed out to museum guards, dog catchers and even zoo veterinarians. Traffic cops often release speeders as a "professional courtesy" because the special license plate shows up on the CPR indicating the driver is "connected." Scofflaws who have these special plates have skipped out on $5 million in tolls and penalties on the 91 Express Lane alone, not to mention the millions of dollars of fines in other locations. The very worst scofflaws have been identified as a prison guard, social worker, and Chino Police dispatcher

2. Remove Ads

Reference please!
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Administrator
    I'd like a reference too, but it wouldnt surprise me in Kali, they are so far into communism they don't even know it themselves.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd like a reference too, but it wouldnt surprise me in Kali, they are so far into communism they don't even know it themselves.
    Indeed. I desire a reference to make me feel better about moving out of there and back onto American soil than anything.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Please, give us a link!!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    they are so far into communism they don't even know it themselves.
    As a whole, that is pretty spot on!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Administrator
    The toll immunity I can understand, provided it is in fact a government owned vehicle... but the moving violation thing is absurd.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Some explanation is required here.

In California, if you are a LEO, Judge, Elected Official and a few others, information about you, specifically, where you live, is concealed from the public. My wife works in a federal law enforcement position and we have concealed info on our license plates. SO when private vendors, aka parking ticket companies, and toll booth operators, run our plates the government will not release who we are and where we live. Without that information, they can't process a mailed citation against us. As for cops letting you off when you get pulled over. I guess sometimes they ask and sometimes they let us off. I will say I have gotten two tickets since our information was sealed so it isn't any guarantee, mainly officer discretion.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Administrator
    If used as intended, I'm OK with it. My info is concealed as well, but I can and will take a traffic ticket like any other person.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links