Ultimate home defense weapon for sale on ebay

This is a discussion on Ultimate home defense weapon for sale on ebay within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Harrier FA2 Fighter Jet Up for Auction on eBay Sunday, June 22, 2008 The ultimate boys' toy could be yours at last - a Harrier ...

Thread: Ultimate home defense weapon for sale on ebay

Harrier FA2 Fighter Jet Up for Auction on eBay
    Sunday, June 22, 2008

The ultimate boys' toy could be yours at last - a Harrier fighter jet is being sold on eBay.

The decommissioned Royal Navy Sea Harrier FA2 was in service between 1987 and 1997.

It served with all three Fleet Air Arm Harrier squadrons.

But anyone wanting to take to the skies in the plane will be disappointed as it is not airworthy.

There is no engine fitted and many of the internal systems have been removed or made inoperative.

The cockpit is also stripped out but a mock cockpit has been created so, from the outside, it appears to have a seat fitted.

Despite this, the price has already exceeded $37,505.86.

The sellers say on eBay: "This is a rare opportunity.

"You will not find a static display Harrier this complete for sale anywhere else in the world.

"The aircraft is externally complete to static display/museum standards and would make a truly stunning garden feature or museum exhibit."

The plane, which is currently in Bradford, can be shipped to many countries around the world to the buyer and assembled.

With a little work, this thing would take out any home invaders.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Administrator
    Where can I get an engine for this? The GE aircraft engine plant is close by... maybe I can talk them into fitting something.
    Then again, I don't think I have room in my driveway and I search eBay with negative results.
    "Just blame Sixto"

At one time they actually had a fully operational I believe it was an F18 hornet that somehow was purchased without being demilled was toatally operational and bid was over 25 million,but the FBI was looking into how the plane was acquired without all the avionics etc. being stripped from it.Something tells me if the bidding went through our government was probably the high bidder and made sure the thing was stripped down before being resold
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    At one time they actually had a fully operational I believe it was an F18 hornet that somehow was purchased without being demilled was toatally operational and bid was over 25 million,but the FBI was looking into how the plane was acquired without all the avionics etc. being stripped from it.Something tells me if the bidding went through our government was probably the high bidder and made sure the thing was stripped down before being resold
    I dunno, this is just an airframe, a pretty outdated one at that. The real issue is the avionics and on board systems that would pose the threat.

Now a fully equipped ready to go F18 is another story. If I had 25 million, I'd be tempted. I wonder what the monthly note is on that for 60 months, and I wonder if Lockheed has any good finance rates right now. I just bought Honda at .09%, my Jeep is at 0%... they would have to compete with that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsored Links