Next one I see I am gonna shoot

This is a discussion on Next one I see I am gonna shoot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last night at church one of the ladies there was telling me about and incident several years ago. It seems that someone was trying to ...

Thread: Next one I see I am gonna shoot

Last night at church one of the ladies there was telling me about and incident several years ago. It seems that someone was trying to aggravate, scare or spook her. She thinks it may have been her sister-in-law but that is another story. For awhile someone kept rearranging things in her yard or carport, ringing the doorbell, scratching on the doors and windows and all sorts of things. It became quite distrubing to her and her neighbor. One morning her neighbor told her that she had gotten a gun and the next time she saw anyone in the yard or carport she was going to shoot and it was not an idle threat.

Well the lasy from my church was talking on the phone with one of dthe local busybodies the next day and told her about the neighbor getting a gun and promising to shoot whoever she saw in the yard. She knew that word would probably get to the person doing the aggravating. For some strange reason the scare tactics stopped and she never had another incident after that phone call. Just the mere threat of being shot seemed to take care of the situation although the neighbor was ready to shoot someone.

2. Remove Ads

See guns make good neighbors
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That looks like pre-meditation to me. Retain a lawyer now would be my advise.

Was there ever a time when the proverbial "trespassers will be shot" signs were the literal truth and legally supportable? If so, when did it change to premeditation?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    LOL... that reminds me of a time a long time ago when my parents had left me and my sisters home alone.

There was some ruckus outside and some scrapping and banging and my sisters were panicking.

I remembered that my brother had a pair of night-vision goggles he had bought before leaving for the Navy. I told my sisters to turn off all the lights, to come up stairs to my brother's room and we'd hide out in there with the goggles and see if we couldn't get a good look at whoever was outside.

I was digging through my brother's closet when we heard a very recognizable voice say, "Don't get the guns!"

It was some friends of theirs from high school messing around with us.

One of them said it was all in good fun until he happened to peak through the window and see me digging through the closet. It finally dawned on him that we were a family of shooters and it was very likely we were done playing cat and mouse. He decided it was time to give himself up before we started shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    LOL... that reminds me of a time a long time ago when my parents had left me and my sisters home alone.

There was some ruckus outside and some scrapping and banging and my sisters were panicking.

I remembered that my brother had a pair of night-vision goggles he had bought before leaving for the Navy. I told my sisters to turn off all the lights, to come up stairs to my brother's room and we'd hide out in there with the goggles and see if we couldn't get a good look at whoever was outside.

I was digging through my brother's closet when we heard a very recognizable voice say, "Don't get the guns!"

It was some friends of theirs from high school messing around with us.

One of them said it was all in good fun until he happened to peak through the window and see me digging through the closet. It finally dawned on him that we were a family of shooters and it was very likely we were done playing cat and mouse. He decided it was time to give himself up before we started shooting.
    we were TP'ing a house and we didn't know the guy was home til we heard the shotgun blast,I had to throw those underwear away
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links