Is this true?

Is this true?

This is a discussion on Is this true? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have been wondering about this for some time then the e mail arives... Can Obama Legally be President?? - Thomas Sowell CAN OBAMA BE ...

Thread: Is this true?

Question Is this true?

I have been wondering about this for some time then the e mail arives...

Can Obama Legally be President?? - Thomas Sowell

CAN OBAMA BE PRESIDENT??
    It seems that Barack Obama is not qualified to be president after all for the

following reason:

Barack Obama is not legally a U.S. natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between 'December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986? Presidential office requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. citizen parents, which of course is what exempts John McCain though he was born in the Panama Canal.

US Law very clearly stipulates: '.If only one parent was a U.S.
    citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16.' Barack Obama's father was not a U.S.
    citizen and Obama's mother was only 18 when Obama was born, which means though she had been a U.S. citizen for 10 years, (or citizen perhaps because of Hawaii being a territory) the mother fails the test for being so for at least 5 years **prior to** Barack Obama's birth, but *after* age 16. It doesn't matter *after*.

In essence, she was not old enough to qualify her son for automatic U.S. citizenship. At most, there were only 2 years elapsed since his mother turned 16 at the time of Barack Obama's birth when she was 18 in Hawaii. His mother would have needed to have been 16+5 = 21 years old, at the time of Barack Obama's birth for him to have been a natural-born citizen.

As aforementioned, she was a young college student at the time and was not. Barack Obama was already 3 years old at that time his mother would have needed to have waited to have him as the only U.S. Citizen parent. Obama instead should have been naturalized, but even then, that would still disqualify him from holding the office.

*** Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President. ***

Though Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, all the other info does not matter because his mother is the one who needed to have been a U.S. citizen for 10 years prior to his birth on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those years being after age 16. Further, Obama may have had to have remained in the country for some time to protect any citizenship he would have had, rather than living in Indonesia. Now you can see why Obama's aides stopped his speech about how we technically have more than 50 states, because it would have led to this discovery. This is very clear cut and a blaring violation of U.S. election law. I think the Gov. of California would be very interested in knowing this if Obama were elected President without being a natural-born U.S. citizen, and it would set precedence.

Stay tuned to your TV sets because I suspect some of this information will be leaking through over the next several days.

Thomas Sowell
    Rose and Milton Friedman Senior Fellow
    The Hoover Institution
    Stanford University
    Stanford, California 94305
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I would be very surprised if Dr. Sowell was wrong.

Maybe we're back to Hillary v. McCain...

Don't know if its true, but sure hope it is!

Nope not true. unfortunately, but then Hilarity would be in.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Ya' had me gettin' excited for a minute there...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He's not a US citizen, but a minion sent from the devil himself. Don't kid yourself.

JD
    Administrator

Forum Rules

We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we do not focus on these subjects in our discussions. We encourage you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Administrator
    Reply/Response by Thomas Sowell

Over the years, many statements have been falsely attributed to me, but this is the first year in which a whole column has been made up and circulated in a chain letter on the Internet, claiming that I wrote it.

Letters, phone calls and e-mails from readers around the country have asked me if I wrote a column saying that Barack Obama is not an American citizen. The answer is "No."

Many of my readers have been savvy enough to tell that the style of the phony column is not mine, but checked with me just to be sure.

What is puzzling about all this is that some people would take seriously a chain letter on the Internet saying what some columnist-- any columnist-- is supposed to have said, and would pass that on without knowing whether it was true or false.

Nothing is easier than to check someone's column as it appears officially on the Internet. Among the places where my columns can be checked on the Internet are the archives on my own website: Thomas Sowell | Home.

What is also puzzling is why some people find it necessary to make up false statements and attribute those statements to someone else.

If they think that the person they oppose is wrong-- and why else would they oppose him?-- then why is it necessary to make up something, when they can just show that what he actually said is wrong?

Making something up is a confession of both intellectual and moral bankruptcy.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links