No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged)

This is a discussion on No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; IBTL (in before the lock) The decision was a split decision because people can't seem to reason anymore. Especially when it comes to children. The ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged)

IBTL (in before the lock)

The decision was a split decision because people can't seem to reason anymore. Especially when it comes to children.

The death penalty is the ultimate penalty. It should only be used for the ultimate crime (first degree murder). Otherwise it becomes just another punishment and looses its deterrent effect.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I don't care what the Supreme Court says, if you rape or molest my daughter, it's on!! I can't imagine a father that feels any different. That's as far as I can go as any other thoughts are way too strong for this forum.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post

The decision was a split decision because people can't seem to reason anymore. Especially when it comes to children.

The death penalty is the ultimate penalty. It should only be used for the ultimate crime (first degree murder). Otherwise it becomes just another punishment and looses its deterrent effect.
    I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with you...I consider child rape also to be the ultimate crime. I want the "ultimate deterrent" to apply to it as well!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with you...I consider child rape also to be the ultimate crime. I want the "ultimate deterrent" to apply to it as well!
    +1 Any crime against a child is about as bad as it gets.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

The death penalty is not about deterrence. It's still the right thing to do for some heinous crimes. Like for this dirtbag.

And are you seriously suggesting, in the USA, that the death penalty can be "just another punishment"? That dog just don't hunt.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Really? I have yet to see ONE repeat offender once the death penalty was applied...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sounds like he's compensating. Not a priest, is he?
    Cheers,
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Really? I have yet to see ONE repeat offender once the death penalty was applied...
    Absolutely correct. When applied, it deters rescidivism by that individual 100% of the time.
    Cheers,
    Rod

I can't respond without getting my post edited, so I will leave it at this: There will be a special place in Hell for people like Rep James Fagan.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I read the story on Fox News. It said he was saying that being a defense attorney, it would be his job to do that to keep his client out of prison on the mandatory sentence. I think if he was just trying to make a point, he could have done it a lot different than this.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Just so it's clear, I agree this guy shouldn't be using up my oxygen, but I've seen a different take on this in some column somewhere.
    If child-rapers are going to get the death penalty, will these dirtbags start eliminating the witnesses on a more frequent basis?
    Again, I'm not saying they shouldn't get the death penalty, I'm just throwing this out there. Discuss...
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I read the story on Fox News. It said he was saying that being a defense attorney, it would be his job to do that to keep his client out of prison on the mandatory sentence. I think if he was just trying to make a point, he could have done it a lot different than this.
    He said, what he said...pretty clear to me...just another attorney who makes the other 5% sound bad.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    He said, what he said...pretty clear to me...just another attorney who makes the other 5% sound bad.
    I wasn't taking up for him. I think he is a piece of crap and I hope this gets him voted out of office and out of taxpayers pockets.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    This is really bothering me, who are we supposed to trust now. If the top law of the land wont even consider leaving some room for certain criteria to be met to allow the death penalty in this type of crime. I as others have posted studies on the deterrence effect of capital punishment on crime. I'm not one for babying our children, there should be winners and losers in school sports and other activities. This is a whole different ball of wax. I understand the reasoning behind the courts decision in my sig line. I can't find any rational reasoning to completely close the door on this. The woosification of this nation just kicked into overdrive.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Let me guess. His next statement will be, "My comments were taken out of context."
    Cheers,
    Rod

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links