No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged)

No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged)

This is a discussion on No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wasn't sure about posting this, not trying to start a hate thread, but it's effects everyone with Children, a very good and effective deterrent ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged)

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Angry No Death Penalty For Child Rape (merged)

I wasn't sure about posting this, not trying to start a hate thread, but it's effects everyone with Children, a very good and effective deterrent against child rape has been stricken down by the Supreme court, it was a 5-4 vote.

The Link

Here is the voice of reason, but sadly he was on the minority side of the vote.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote the dissent, saying, "The harm that is caused to the victims and to society at large by the worst child rapist is grave." He was supported by Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas.

In his dissent, Alito wrote that the majority ruled against the death penalty "no matter how young the child, no matter how many times the child is raped, no matter how many children the perpetrator rapes, no matter how sadistic the crime, no matter how much physical or psychological trauma is inflicted and no matter how heinous the perpetrator's criminal record may be."
    To not even consider levels of extreme violent attacks on our Children.

I'm not suggesting anyone take the law into their own hands, but this is not right. The rest of my comments are
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I saw that this morning and my blood started to boil.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Senior Moderator
    Well I don't think they need the death penalty.

I think the should be given cement boots taken 3 miles off shore and have to swim back. If they make it back to shore then they will be properly buried.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

So, we can't kill 'em. Can we castrate 'em? Please?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I'm starting to worry more and more about DC vs Heller...

The Supreme Court needs to get off the mushroom kool-aid.

Well, next year we can just vote for Judges that will represent us...oh, wait, I guess we can't.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    To not even consider levels of extreme violent attacks on our Children.
    You forget: they aren't our children anymore. Immoral law is not "law," and may not bind moral men. Or at least that was the concensus of the Federalist authors.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    So, we can't kill 'em. Can we castrate 'em? Please?
    I won't suggest that anyone should break the law, however if anyone sexually harm any of my two boys that person would not have to worry about the law but they will have to worry about me. Castration by shotgun is what they would get.
    NRA Member

Angry Another bad 'light' for child rape victims

FOXNews.com - Massachusetts Lawmaker's Pledge to 'Rip Apart' Child Rape Victims at Trial Draws Fury - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Massachusetts Lawmaker's Pledge to 'Rip Apart' Child Rape Victims at Trial Draws Fury

"A Massachusetts politician and defense attorney has touched off a firestorm with his shocking public vow to torment and "rip apart" child rape victims who take the witness stand if the state legislature passed stiff mandatory sentences for child sex offenders.

Rep. James Fagan, a Democrat, made the comments during debate last month on the state House floor.

"I'm gonna rip them apart," Fagan said of young victims during his testimony on the bill. "I'm going to make sure that the rest of their life is ruined, that when they’re 8 years old, they throw up; when they’re 12 years old, they won’t sleep; when they’re 19 years old, they’ll have nightmares and they’ll never have a relationship with anybody.”
    Fagan said as a defense attorney it would be his duty to do that in order to keep his clients free from a "mandatory sentence of those draconian proportions." Those comments drew the ire of local activists as well as colleagues........"

This guy was voted into his present position as 'shepard' of his flock's distrect?!?!?

I do NOT like this person.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

1943 - 2009
    I think this is appropriate here.

Lyrics from Simple Man, by Charlie Daniels.

As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
    For the raping and the killing and the child abuse
    And I've got a way to put an end to all that mess

Just take them rascals out in the swamp
    Put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
    Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I knew there was more to the CDB than just a good beat to tap your foot too.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    I knew there was more to the CDB than just a good beat to tap your foot too.
    Yep, Charlie has some very strong opinions on certain social issues.

Charlie Daniels - Soap Box

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Just throw the in the general prison population and tell the other fellas to have fun with the pervert, and if they keep him alive, they get to keep having their fun.

Then I'd instruct everyone to turn the other cheek.

I am horrified by the SCOTUS decision!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I heard Glenn beck this morning, who was beside himself, as I am sure everyone else is too. My solution is to move some child molesters in next door to some of the SCOTUS justices who made this decision, and let their children or grand children get molested so they can see how they feel.

On another subject, Glenn also talked about the Heller case, that there may be a decision tomorrow? I hope so, but for the first time, I have heard callers on talk radio openly talking about another revolution should things go badly for us.... I certainly hope not.

Let us pray.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    I just sent this letter to my US Senators and Representative:

"I am absolutely appalled that five black-robed mandarins on the United States Supreme Court have ruled that child rapists cannot be subject to the death penalty because of “evolving standards of decency.” Evidently, the five members in the majority have decided that the rape of children is decent. If these now self-proclaimed pedophile-lovers knew anything of human decency, they would have allowed the punishment provided under state law for this monster to stand. HE RAPED HIS EIGHT-YEAR-OLD STEP-DAUGHTER!!

"In Article 3, Section 2 of the United States Constitution, Congress is given the authority to remove cases from the jurisdiction of the national courts: 'In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.'

"I beg you, as a member of Congress, please discharge your duty to rein in the excesses of this judicial tyranny.

"I served my country for over twelve years as an Army officer on active duty and in the reserves. I do not even recognize what was my country anymore; instead, I see an emerging dictatorship, and I see Congress doing nothing to forestall its completion."

Before others post after having dissected the decision and say, "Well, that's not really what SCOTUS said," I'm not interested in giving my members of Congress a legal treatise. I want them to know my visceral reaction to this garbage from the court.

Perhaps if enough of us did that, they might address some real issues.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

If things go as normal a child rapist will not last long in prison unless he is in solitary confinement. Child molesters have a very short life expectancy in prison and if they survive it is usually only survival.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links