Pigeons shot PETA pithed - Page 3

Pigeons shot PETA pithed

This is a discussion on Pigeons shot PETA pithed within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So which unit of the British military got to do target practice?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pigeons shot PETA pithed

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So which unit of the British military got to do target practice?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

The Police APPU ,Anti Pigeon Pooping Unit,was called into action today when several pigeons suspected of having terroristic links were accused of delivering aerial bombs upon a tennis event
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    TacticalCombat was not acting too Tactful and was being too Combative and he has now succeeded in attaining an Ex-Member status for himself.

He can board a jet plane now and devote all of his time to saving British pigeons from annihilation & forced extinction if that is what he wants to do.

So you see...you guys indirectly possibly helped to save the whittle birdies.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Has any one heard if PETA is against killing Rats and Mice?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Damn! Way to go! Those damned rodents are awful! A buddy in Phoenix *had* a problem with them. A group of them got into the habit of roosting on his roof. They would drop crap all over the concrete around and in the pool. It was all over the roof. It was making the whole area stink (think about the smell of cooking pidgeon crap) not to mention the health hazard. My buddy went out and purchased a $150 pellet rifle. He sat outside with a beer for a few afternoons and took care of the problem.

Neighbors have actually come up to him and thanked him. Disease-ridden pests. But I'm not sure what's more entertaining... hawks or ballistics. hehe
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Send in the Chinese... you will NOT find a pigeon in China. NONE... not because they didn't used to have them, but because people set traps on their windows, caught them... and ate them. A pigeon has no chance in China.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    TacticalCombat was not acting too Tactful and was being too Combative and he has now succeeded in attaining an Ex-Member status for himself.

He can board a jet plane now and devote all of his time to saving British pigeons from annihilation & forced extinction if that is what he wants to do.

So you see...you guys indirectly possibly helped to save the whittle birdies.
    I think that's the first "ban" I've seen since being on DC. I'm guessing there was a hot response that did not get posted. I'm also guessing Tac woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Been there...
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Senior Moderator
    I think we have got a few other touchy,feely,misquided liberals posing as gun owners here. Sooner or later they will open their mouths and reveal their true colors.Its just a matter of time.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

using marksmen to shoot down dive-bombing pigeons.
    where do i sign up to get paid to do this?
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

If they get tired of Tennis they can play Badminton they would have plenty of birdies to hit back and forth
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Damn! Way to go! Those damned rodents are awful! A buddy in Phoenix *had* a problem with them. A group of them got into the habit of roosting on his roof. They would drop crap all over the concrete around and in the pool. It was all over the roof. It was making the whole area stink (think about the smell of cooking pidgeon crap) not to mention the health hazard. My buddy went out and purchased a $150 pellet rifle. He sat outside with a beer for a few afternoons and took care of the problem.
    Must be a Maricopa County thing. That's exactly what I've been doing. I also take down grackles....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Damn pigeons keep eating my gopher bait!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

As one once enlisted by my father (along with my brother) in a grand and successful war to eliminate the squirrels who kept chewing into our attic (our yard was the only one without ANY squirrels for years... our trees linked to the trees on either side of our house, and those squirrels would race across, never pausing. They knew a pause could spell death)... I have no problem killing animals that are excessive and a nuisance.

On the other hand I am generally opposed to arbitrary and unnecessary killing of animals... that is, killing purely for the pleasure of ending life. That to me is creepy and wrong. Clearly this is not a case of the latter.

However, I will also say that I don't think one needs to be a prototypical conservative to defend the second amendment. The implication that Tactical could not possibly have been a true defender of the second amendment because he supports PETA... and that this was his "true stripes" as a clear anti-gun liberals coming out... seems absolutely absurd.

I'm not by any means saying he shouldn't have been banned; the general rules are always posted, and there was a general warning specifically posted. He obviously did not follow it, and the moderators made a decision. Having long moderated other message boards myself and been in the decision process of more than a few user bans, I can very much respect that.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

DC Founder
    I didn't see anyone say that one had to be conservative to defend the second amendment. TacticalCompact was banned for not taking what I had previously told him seriously. He is no longer a member here, lets get back on topic....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I spent 18 of 20 years working in different Air Force Civil Engineering Pest Control shops on many different bases. I couldn't begin to count how many pigeons I killed either with poison or my trusty Diana Model 52 pellet gun. Even had a guy that worked at the chow hall at Pope AFB that wanted all the pigeons I shot to eat. I couldn't get past the filth of the critters to think about eating them. Many times I had to answer letters to the commander from bunny huggers complaining about me killing pigeons but never had one of them volunteer to help clean up pigeon poop in any of the hangers. Their crap is also very corrosive on the aluminum on the air planes. They just wanted to make life hard on me and couldn't seem to mind their own business. One of the worst ones had been fired from just about every job because she spent so much time worrying about critters and people trying to control them. Also anyone that thinks about trapping and turning pigeons loose should think about this. Pigeons are great at figuring how to get back to where home is and will fly several hundred miles to do it. The only way to get rid of them is to kill them or feed them a bait with a birth control chemical in it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links