Thrilled

This is a discussion on Thrilled within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well since I am a weak little wimp and bought that Ruger despite knowing better, I got a call from my FFL today and talked ...

Thread: Thrilled

Thrilled

Well since I am a weak little wimp and bought that Ruger despite knowing better, I got a call from my FFL today and talked to him for about 30 minutes.

He's expanding his business to a real gun store with accessories and an actual inventory. He's added over 20 new distributors and had to open up some retail space in order to qualify as having a storefront. Before he was just all transfers only.

Now there's some places around here where you can get some serious hardware. I don't know if you've heard of STI Guns, but they're HQed in this very town. There's a place to get Class 3 silencers around here somewhere, and there's a few honest to goodness gun stores but they've all put me off with their unreasonable prices (always $50 or more than my FFL can get it for me after fees) and poor service. The other thing is, I have to drive over an hour to get there because of traffic. It sucks.

There just isn't a working man's gun store around here anywhere. Every place either sells stuff I can't afford, or sells what I can afford at inflated prices with a snooty attitude.

So I'm super happy about this. I know where to get my AR15 next year.

2. Remove Ads

Good deal took me a while to find a good place to i know what its like when ya do

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Thumbs up

Congrats to hear you've found a good shop. Finding a shop that the people are cool, and actualy care if they make a sale to you are hard to come by.

The local gun shop I frequent dosn't really carry anything of intrest, all cheap stuff, but hey thats what sells around here. They order me guns and give them to me for their price, so that works out good too. Plus the guy who runs it is also a gunsmith so he's been teaching me a few things here and there.

Assistant Administrator
    Good news Euc - wish that we could all claim to have found the near ideal source for guns and accessories - sadly many folks are still struggling.

I feel very lucky round here with my ''usual'' local guy, plus several other very accepable sources I can use.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

He likes my Ruger too, hehe. He left me a message earlier today going on about how nice it was.

He's a funny guy from the perspective it's not like I order any huge quantity of guns from him, but rather that whenever I order something, he gushes over it as much as I do. I'm his only customer that's ever ordered what I've ordered from him. I think we have similar tastes, which is rare.

So for that reason I am really anticipating his store. He likes what I like for the most part.

Lead Moderator
    Nice to have a good gun shop. We finally got a good 1 again after 10 years of 1 local hunting oriented, over priced store in town. Now we have a good hunting and gun store.

Links