Anyone Else Having Firefox 3.0 Problems?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Having Firefox 3.0 Problems? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have been using Firefox for over 5 years now and I love it. It's much better than IE in my opinion but, it does ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else Having Firefox 3.0 Problems?

I have been using Firefox for over 5 years now and I love it. It's much better than IE in my opinion but, it does have its own set of quirks. I have had my bookmarks vanish 4 times in that 5 years. No reason for it that I can find. Just poof, they are gone.

So I now save a copy if my bookmarks every week or two to a file on my desk top. The last 3 times they have disappeared I was able to just import the file very easily and still had all my bookmarks.

If that is the worst thing that happens in Firefox, I will use it forever.

I also looked at the Foxmarks update but it seems to be geared toward use with multiple computers. We only have the one so I doubt it would do me much good. But I saved the site in my Bookmarks under the Firefox section!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I also looked at the Foxmarks update but it seems to be geared toward use with multiple computers. We only have the one so I doubt it would do me much good. But I saved the site in my Bookmarks under the Firefox section!
    I only use one machine...

It stores all your bookmarks on there servers so if your machine crashes or you reinstall Windows you have access to all the bookmarks.

I like it because it updates automatically when you close your firefox browser.

All good here.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've had to remove and reinstall Firefox a couple of times for issues.
    +1 Went back to Safari.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I have been using Firefox for over 5 years now and I love it. It's much better than IE in my opinion but, it does have its own set of quirks. I have had my bookmarks vanish 4 times in that 5 years. No reason for it that I can find. Just poof, they are gone.

So I now save a copy if my bookmarks every week or two to a file on my desk top. The last 3 times they have disappeared I was able to just import the file very easily and still had all my bookmarks.
    That's what I'll do from now on. I like Firefox, and don't intend to stop using it, but it is startling to lose everything.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Mine got rid of all my cookies and passwords. I only started having problems with it after I got the update to the beta version on my crappy Vista OS laptop. Sometimes I'll close the window then try to open Firefox later and get an error stating firefox is already running and to close firefox or restart the computer. I am on 2.whatever right now on my desktop and haven't upgraded because the new version doesn't have the automatic spellcheck.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Yikes! Got the "already running" thing a couple times.

Just downloaded 3 couple days ago. Found tonight I get various sounds when programs open and close (normal) but no sound in video.

Roboform doesn't work for 3 yet, and I no longer get the "download video" message when I hover on the video.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    ALL of my bookmarks just disappeared around 1:00pm CDT today, and "Restores" from dated .json files won't process.

mine did the same thing, Im using foxmarks so I figured it was a bug with one the two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links