Education

This is a discussion on Education within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "But if you ask what is the good of education in general, the answer is easy; that education makes good men, and that good men ...

View Poll Results: What is your education level?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dropped out of Highschool

0 0%
  • I graduated Highschool/got my GED

18 14.52%
  • I went to Tradeschool

18 14.52%
  • I attempted College

25 20.16%
  • I graduated College

51 41.13%
  • I have a few college degrees

26 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Education

Education

"But if you ask what is the good of education in general, the answer is easy; that education makes good men, and that good men act nobly." - Plato
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

2. Remove Ads

I got two years of college, but no degree. I didn't have enough self-discipline.......that and I had much more fun on the rodeo team than I did in class.

I don't care what anyone says, chicks dig cowboys and that defined where my head was back then.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    I've always had the idea of going back to college and getting my Master's, but since I work for myself it really wouldn't affect my pay or employment status.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    I graduated college with a 2 year degree. Of course I was 50 when I finally did it. Does 24 years in the military and School of Hard Knocks count? If so I guess I have 2 degrees!!

I've got some college credits since being in the military, but haven't actually attended any colleges. Still haven't decided what I'll do about that....

Austin

Master's in Biology....then spent the next 41 years in the aerospace industry. Maked no sense, but one has to feed the family.

I went to trade-school (3 years) and an apprenticeship program several years after the Marine Corps, which I joined after my senior year in high school. I lacked a half credit for graduating surprisingly at the time (1982) and I received my Kansas GED a year after I got out of the service as my mother insisted.

VIP Member
    so what is the deal here?

I hope it's not prejudicial or stereotypical in any way. I felt it an innocent enough question to answer the poll. If I'd have thought otherwise, I wouldn't have.

Was making more money in the family business at the age of 10 than my teachers teaching me in middle school. So my father said to my brother(s) and myself. You can go to college and to what ever you want or your butt comes to work. My brothers and I chose work. Something it seems like the wrong deceision.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Good question.

I answered but the results so far are not representative of the census numbers that indicate only 29% of society have college degrees. Here, we have over 60%. And the largest percentages of college graduates are located in the typical liberal, anti gun areas: Seattle, San Francisco...Something is not right.

This poll has no value whatsoever.

MA +60...check profile (occupation) as to how it was usedanother one of those EdAdmin nuts...but definitely not a .
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I hope it's not prejudicial or stereotypical in any way. I felt it an innocent enough question to answer the poll. If I'd have thought otherwise, I wouldn't have.
    there isn't anything prejudicial here at all, just curiousity!

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Was making more money in the family business at the age of 10 than my teachers teaching me in middle school. So my father said to my brother(s) and myself. You can go to college and to what ever you want or your butt comes to work. My brothers and I chose work. Something it seems like the wrong deceision.
    nothing wrong, man has gotta do what a man has gotta do

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Good question.

I answered but the results so far are not representative of the census numbers that indicate only 29% of society have college degrees. Here, we have over 60%. And the largest percentages of college graduates are located in the typical liberal, anti gun areas: Seattle, San Francisco...Something is not right.

This poll has no value whatsoever.
    Education = Liberalism? Are you saying that conservatives are not educated?
    wow, thanks, just because your numbers don't add up and you think this poll is skewed and you deem it valueless?
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't believe the results of this poll for a minute.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links