Grilling out...

Grilling out...

This is a discussion on Grilling out... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have the charcoal going, and in about 20 minutes I will be putting the corn on the grill. Then, about 30 minutes after that, ...

Thread: Grilling out...

Grilling out...

I have the charcoal going, and in about 20 minutes I will be putting the corn on the grill. Then, about 30 minutes after that, the steaks go on the grill.

The weather is warm, the sun is shining and the grill is getting hot. Not a bad practice run for the 4th of July weekend next weekend.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Niiiiceeeee. Now all you need is a nice cigar, big glass of ice tea and kick back and relax. Enjoy your afternoon!

TN Mike...

I might be in the area...what's your address?

Stay armed...eat steak...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChuck View Post
    Niiiiceeeee. Now all you need is a nice cigar, big glass of ice tea and kick back and relax. Enjoy your afternoon!
    Don't smoke but, I do have the big glass of iced tea. In fact, I'm on my 2nd glass...

The corn just went on and things are looking good.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I just got back from the pre-forth trial run ..........grillen' at the park.

We did chicken today, but it'll be rib's n' fixens next weekend!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Nice. I got my GF a nice charcoal grill for HER b-day last week (we both love to cook). We a have gas one but nothing tastes quite as good as it does coming off really hot coals.
    We have some ribs that are slow cooking in the oven that are going on the grill in about an hour. Mmm grilled meat and a couple PBR's.
    Cheers!
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I have the charcoal going, and in about 20 minutes I will be putting the corn on the grill. Then, about 30 minutes after that, the steaks go on the grill.

The weather is warm, the sun is shining and the grill is getting hot. Not a bad practice run for the 4th of July weekend next weekend.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!
    Hmmm..I've got the same thing going on here in Colorado. Hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

I just got through smoking some chicken. I love cooking outside. I hope those steaks turn out great for you.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

VIP Member
    I try to cook out at least once a week (with charcoal) from about May to mid-October. Its one of my favorite times, grilling, talking with family....

Enjoy, everybody!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I charcoal cook year round here in the U.P. of Michigan. I'll skip the cigar and tea and go for a Mich. Light or Miller Light. Nothing beats the flavor of charcoal except slow smoking with hardwood.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I charcoal cook year round here in the U.P. of Michigan. I'll skip the cigar and tea and go for a Mich. Light or Miller Light. Nothing beats the flavor of charcoal except slow smoking with hardwood.
    +1
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Well that was great.

Dinner is over now....steaks were just perfect. The corn was great, cooked in the husk after having been soaked in salt water, yummy, you don't even need to put butter on them. And we made baked potatoes. And a nice big pitcher of iced tea.

I'm stuffed. Going to the gym in about 3 hours (that's right boys and girls, that means a 10pm gym trip).

I love cooking out on the grill. It's not just the way the food tastes either. It's the sitting out there with my wife (my best friend) and talking about nothing in particular while we watch the kids run around and play in the backyard. The neighbors dropping by when they smell the steaks on the grill. It's just the most relaxing time of the week.

If I felt any better right now, I don't think I could stand it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    Got to love summer cook outs. Charcoal is hard to beat too. My wife did the cooking tonight, we had a stormy afternoon outside, and after eating her cooking, we are probably going to have a stormy night in the smallest room in house.
    I'm the cook around here for a good reason.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Got to love summer cook outs. Charcoal is hard to beat too. My wife did the cooking tonight, we had a stormy afternoon outside, and after eating her cooking, we are probably going to have a stormy night in the smallest room in house.
    I'm the cook around here for a good reason.
    Same here today. It rained and thundered but we toughed out our "forced family fun" day. My wife even did all the cooking so I got to throw the pigskin with my boys and got out-played at putt-putt by my two girls between the showers. But OOooo the carnage that'll occur in the throne room later.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Stay armed...eat steak...stay safe!
    +1! I'll have to suffer and just have burgers and dogs.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Sponsored Links