School officials who expel for toy soldiers have relatives overseas

This is a discussion on School officials who expel for toy soldiers have relatives overseas within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Swedish school confiscates boy's party invitations Swedish school confiscates boy's party invitations :: WRAL.com STOCKHOLM, Sweden — A school has confiscated an 8-year-old boy's birthday ...

Thread: School officials who expel for toy soldiers have relatives overseas

School officials who expel for toy soldiers have relatives overseas

Swedish school confiscates boy's party invitations

Swedish school confiscates boy's party invitations :: WRAL.com

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — A school has confiscated an 8-year-old boy's birthday party invitations after they were handed out during class because it said it had a duty to ensure against discrimination.

The boy handed out invitations to classmates at his school in Lund, southern Sweden, but did not invite two boys because they were not his friends, the Sydsvenskan newspaper reported earlier this week.

The school, 360 miles south of Stockholm, confiscated all the invitations, saying it objected because it had a duty to ensure against discrimination.

The report on Friday did not name the boy or his family. It said the boy's father has filed a complaint with the parliamentary ombudsman.

The father told the newspaper that the two classmates were not invited because one had bullied his son and the other had not invited his son to the classmate's birthday party.

"My son has taken it very hard," the father told Sydsvenskan of the school's decision. "It's like taking someone's mail."

The parliamentary ombudsman has asked the school board to decide on the issue before Sept. 8.
    "If you can't place your shots on a non-moving piece of paper, how much more difficult will it be when that piece of paper becomes a 3-time felon whose sole purpose is to avoid going back to prison no matter what happens and no matter who gets in the way?"

Taken from a posting by "Deadmeat 2"

2. Remove Ads

relevant how?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Lighten Up! This is Off Topic.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    relevant how?
    I agree...don't understand the thread title with the article.

Rick

I agree. The title doesn't fit the story. This has however been happening in U.S. schools for many years. They do not allow you to hand out invitations to classmates to keep from hurting someones feelings when they don't get one.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

It's probably a cut and paste mistake... wrong story with wrong title. Maybe the OP can clarify.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

It makes more sense when you read it in the original Swedish.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Svedeesh schuul cunffeescetes buy's perty infeeteshuns.

STOCKHOLM, Svedee — A schuul hes cunffeesceted un 8-yeer-oold buy's burthdey perty infeeteshuns effter zeey vere-a hunded oooot dooreeng cless becoose-a it seeed it hed a dooty tu insoore-a egeeenst deescrimineshun.

Zee buy hunded oooot infeeteshuns tu clessmetes et hees schuul in Loond, suoozeern Svedee, boot deed nut infeete-a tvu buys becoose-a zeey vere-a nut hees freeends, zee Sydsfenskun noospeper repurted ierleeer thees veek.

Zee schuul, 360 meeles suoot ooff Stuckhulm, cunffeesceted ell zee infeeteshuns, seyeeng it oobjected becoose-a it hed a dooty tu insoore-a egeeenst deescrimineshun.

Zee repurt oon Freedey deed nut neme-a zee buy oor hees femeely. It seeed zee buy's fezeer hes feeled a cumpleeent veet zee perleeementery oomboodsmun.

Zee fezeer tuld zee noospeper thet zee tvu clessmetes vere-a nut infeeted becoose-a oone-a hed boolleeed hees sun und zee oozeer hed nut infeeted hees sun tu zee clessmete's burthdey perty.

"My sun hes tekee it fery herd," zee fezeer tuld Sydsfenskun ooff zee schuul's deceesiun. "It's leeke-a tekeeng sumeune's meeel."

Zee perleeementery oomboodsmun hes esked zee schuul buerd tu deceede-a oon zee issooe-a beffure-a Sept. 8.
    Online translation provided by the Encheferizer.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    You're right. That makes much more sense.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Man, its this kind of junk that is hurting America. Deadeye is right, this has been going on here for quite a while and it is just stupid.

You know what happened when I was a kid? I dind't make the little league team once, hurt my feelings. So what happened, no my Mom and Dad didn't sue or beat up the coach. My Dad took me out and we practiced, and I made the team the next year.

What a concept. Not everyone is going to like you, you will not like everyone (as long as you respect everyone). Not everyone will WANT to go to other's parties. Big deal, get over it if someone has a problem with it. I guess this kid should have passed out cards to the 2 kids he wasn't friends with just so he could get more stuff at his party then
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

We actually played games where they kept score and handed out trophys to the top 3 teams at the end of the season,and we didn't go out and kill a buncha people cause our feelings were hurt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I read the article twice trying to reconcile the content with the title. I think I figured it out. It looks like maybe the OP was trying to compare our "brilliant" school officials over here in the states that have been doing stuff like expelling or reprimanding students for toy soldiers, fake grenades, empty shell casings etc. with the teacher in this article. But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Online translation provided by the Encheferizer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    You're right. That makes much more sense.

OMG you guys are killing me today!!

Morintp got it correct.

Some US school officials demanded that the rifles on some toy soldiers had to be removed from a display honoring the troops in Iraq because of their zero tolerance policy on firearms.

In another school system a child was reduced to tears and his property taken because he brought a fired blank casing to school.

I see a swedish school system telling a child that he must invite everyone to his birthday party, even another child who had bullied him, because he can't be allowed to discriminate to be on the same level of absurdity.

My apologies for the confusion.

Tim
    "If you can't place your shots on a non-moving piece of paper, how much more difficult will it be when that piece of paper becomes a 3-time felon whose sole purpose is to avoid going back to prison no matter what happens and no matter who gets in the way?"

Taken from a posting by "Deadmeat 2"

Links