(?) 30 Days: Gun-Control Activist Lives with Gun Enthusiast

This is a discussion on (?) 30 Days: Gun-Control Activist Lives with Gun Enthusiast within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Next on 30 Days: PARTICIPANT - Pia Lalli, 39 RESIDES - Brockton, MA OCCUPATION - Aerobics Instructor AIRDATE - Tuesday, July 1, 2008 After Pia ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: (?) 30 Days: Gun-Control Activist Lives with Gun Enthusiast

(?) 30 Days: Gun-Control Activist Lives with Gun Enthusiast

Next on 30 Days:

PARTICIPANT - Pia Lalli, 39
    RESIDES - Brockton, MA
    OCCUPATION - Aerobics Instructor
    AIRDATE - Tuesday, July 1, 2008

After Pia learned that her friend had been killed by a schizophrenic man wielding a gun in 1996, she became a gun control advocate who has fought to pass stricter gun laws in the U.S. Pia believes that the world would be free from gun violence only by prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone outside of law enforcement and armed services.

For 30 Days, Pia will live in the heart of gun culture in the rural town of Leesburg, Ohio with gun enthusiast Ken Ekermeyer, 39, and his 15-year-old son Zach. Ken is an avid gun collector and rarely leaves home without his gun strapped to his side. Ken believes carrying a gun is his right guaranteed to every American by the Second Amendment. As Pia struggles to understand the Ekermeyer's beliefs and somewhat isolated way of life, she will work at a local gun store and experience what it is like to carry a gun in public, learn to handle and fire weapons and will introduce Ken to other gun control activists who have lost loved ones to gun violence.
    See installment #5:
    30 DAYS Official Website - Only on FX

I'm a little nervous about this one... I don't have FX, so somebody let us know!
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like an extreme wife swap segment
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    That was the first episode of this season. I'm curious to see the episode tomorrow.

I think I'll set this one up on DVR...it will be interesting how this plays out. I don't know that I trust the sponsors of the show to set up a fair test. I just hope they chose responsible gun owners for the show.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I think I'll set this one up on DVR...it will be interesting how this plays out. I don't know that I trust the sponsors of the show to set up a fair test. I just hope they chose responsible gun owners for the show.
    DITTO!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

For some reason, I highly doubt it.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

i just saw the commercial last night, really hope i get a chance to see it :D

When is that going to be on?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

past "30 days" segments have been rather good. The maker is a liberal ;-) but I found that they picked the right people to represent both side. I remember one where they had a "minuteman" stay with illegal immigrants and a christian with a muslim family. Both episodes went over quite calm. Don't expect any shouting (or shooting ;-) ) matches.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    past "30 days" segments have been rather good. The maker is a liberal ;-) but I found that they picked the right people to represent both side. I remember one where they had a "minuteman" stay with illegal immigrants and a christian with a muslim family. Both episodes went over quite calm. Don't expect any shouting (or shooting ;-) ) matches.
    So, uh, if the maker of the show can find and film illegal immigrants, why can't the feds?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

So, uh, if the maker of the show can find and film illegal immigrants, why can't the feds?
    before going totally off topic ;-)... I think they can find them. But what are they going to do with them once they found them. For a good read, look for "The Deporter".
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

FYI: old 30 days episodes can be found on hulu.com

Hulu - Videos

It's scheduled for tonight on FX.
    I posted a link to an eppy with a hunter but I guess that's not allowed because it was removed :P

At any rate, the problem I had with previous "Anti hunter" episodes was that they picked a guy that wasn't well versed in anti-hunting canned responses and stuck him in with activists that openly lied to him about dairy farming. He bought it hook line and sinker finally ending with "I guess you could say I'm an activist".

Kinda ticked me off. We'll see how tonight turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    FYI: old 30 days episodes can be found on hulu.com

Hulu - Videos
    Is that hulus site free?

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Is that hulus site free?
    yup. and pretty cool. Lots of old TV shows with very little commercials. Only draw back: you can't download them to watch them later (e.g. on an ipod). requires a decent internet connection.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links