It's the little milestones.......

This is a discussion on It's the little milestones....... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A first on the forth. My youngest 'took off' without his training wheels yesterday Didn't want to go without Daddy 'right there' at first.......of course ...

Thread: It's the little milestones.......

It's the little milestones.......

A first on the forth. My youngest 'took off' without his training wheels yesterday Didn't want to go without Daddy 'right there' at first.......of course Daddy had ribs and burgers screaming to get on the grill....

My 'lil 'scotter' wore me out! Now that I think about, there goes my insurence primiums
    By the way, am I printing a little too much here?

Hope All had a great Forth of July!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Yep. definitely printing, at least your shirt wasn't flying up showing your gun though!
    I remember those days of first ride without the training wheels, don't know who was prouder, my son for doing it, or me for having taught him.

Now that's a 4th of July to remember!

Congrats!

no more training wheels

congrads on helping going from 4 wheels to 2. always
    a proud moment.for both son/daughter and dad.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

wait til he goes from 2 wheels back to 4 you think your insurance premiums are high now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You're not printing too much - didn't even notice it until I read what you wrote. Congratulations to your son!

Austin

Yeah the first time is magical, you can see it in his face, But after 5 or 6 kids you'll kind of wish your wife was doing the running next to the bike...... And how come they always look down when they first start riding?????? All I can think to myself is "Don't look down, look in front of you!!!"lol.. ......good times...... nothing more enjoyable than watching your kids grow.
    CW

Quote Originally Posted by seedoubleyou View Post
    .....after 5 or 6 kids you'll kind of wish your wife was doing the running next to the bike...... And how come they always look down when they first start riding?????? All I can think to myself is "Don't look down, look in front of you!!!"lol.. ......good times...... nothing more enjoyable than watching your kids grow.
    CW
    I'm with you on that one.......my youngest son (pictured) is #4 and the last one! Oldest son will celebrate his first year of marriage in a few weeks, the two daughters are teens and wondering why I won't teach 'em to drive until they learn to put the cell phone down

'Lil 'Scooter' figured out looking up was a good idea after peddeling down the driveway and suffered some slight blunt force trama on the tailgate of Daddy's pickup He was fine and it was the first of many "owies" to come with the newfound speed of two wheeles.

After three kids this one learning to walk, talk, etc. was all good, but for some reason potty training and now two wheelen' seem to well Daddy's pride more than anything..........
    Thier Momma loves me but all of 'em just think Daddy's wierd

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    That smile on his face is priceless. It says, "I can do this."

I remember mine screaming, "don't let go yet, don't let go yet" and of course I let go a block ago.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    That smile on his face is priceless. It says, "I can do this."

I remember mine screaming, "don't let go yet, don't let go yet" and of course I let go a block ago.
    Wow..... that's exactly what mine said!

Great picture! I remember when all my kids started riding their bikes. Great fun, and some real scary times too!

By the way, nice USS Rhode Island shirt you have there. Were you stationed on the Rhode Island?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    I almost died my first moments without training wheels, but then again that happened a lot when my sister was trying to teach me stuff.

The look on your boy's face says it all though. He looks so happy.

What a picture to treasure, even if you are printing a little bit in it..lol

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Great picture! I remember when all my kids started riding their bikes. Great fun, and some real scary times too!

By the way, nice USS Rhode Island shirt you have there. Were you stationed on the Rhode Island?
    Yes I was....it was the my previous command. I'm on shore duty right now, but it's almost time for me to get back to sea. The Navy's trying to figure out if I'm going to the sandbox or stright back to depths.

I am a qualified Naval Submariner and expert on "young 'un powered" training wheel-less bikes!

I too love the look on your son's face. Absolutely priceless!

My daughter took a couple of days before she got the hang of it. My son, on the other hand, took to it right away. With him, I had just removed his last training wheel and he grabbed the bike and said "Thanks Dad"...and took off like he'd been doing it forever! I didn't even have time to get up from where I was sitting. I was saying to myself "Hey, wait for me...I'm supposed to be helping you!". At least I had my daughter to work with. Man she can be bull-headed LOL!

Links