Bad Dreams...

This is a discussion on Bad Dreams... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been having a lot of bad dreams lately. Thinking too much on the whole subject I suppose. My latest theme is that my ammo ...

Thread: Bad Dreams...

Unhappy Bad Dreams...

I've been having a lot of bad dreams lately. Thinking too much on the whole subject I suppose. My latest theme is that my ammo won't work or possibly something wrong with the firing pin. Just goes 'click' on every cartridge. Or the gun jams and I can't clear it.

Anyone else have a lot of these dreams or am I alone here? What's your latest?

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    some strange dreams occasionally, but nothing that bad.

Administrator
    Where is that bottle of lithium carbonate? :poke:
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    Where was I reading? - forget.

Someone on a thread about such things suggested that perhaps we subconsciously feel we are inadequately trained and so may fail under stress - and so this gets incorporated in to dream material.

Not really sure myself, but never feel my own ''training level'' is ever adequate compared with what I may choose and yet - no such dreams. Maybe with age I am gettin' real laid back about it all

"Que sera, sera" - perhaps!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chris,

I'm not psychotherapist, but I think - for me at least - that it's really just because it has been on my mind alot. Remember that carrying for me is still pretty new. So I constantly run scenarios through my head and 'obsess' for lack of a betterw word over different situations. Don't get me wrong - in part it's fun - in a weird masochistic sort of way.

For example, Sunday we were running a lot of malfunction drills and my friend's Keltec P3AT started soft striking about every other round (on the LIVE rounds - not just the dummy rounds). It freaked her out (she has emailed Keltec) but it also got me thinking too - how bad would THAT be to need a weapon and to hear a click when you pull the trigger? So I have an idea that is where a lot of these feelings are coming from.

Ive always had Nightmares on and off since i was a kid notice when i get more stressed they start up more go out buy yourself something it will make you feel better

So I can write off that Bushmaster as a medical expensive - i.e. psychological treatment? "Yeah honey... Dr. White prescribed it..."

You can try.... of course if you do try, she should start planning her legal defense now.

A1C Lickey

Quote Originally Posted by joe/OH
    So I can write off that Bushmaster as a medical expensive - i.e. psychological treatment? "Yeah honey... Dr. White prescribed it..."

Works for me While your at it add a 1911 in might as well get 2 dose's of feel good

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Where was I reading? - forget.

Someone on a thread about such things suggested that perhaps we subconsciously feel we are inadequately trained and so may fail under stress - and so this gets incorporated in to dream material.
    Tater Salad stated that in my post concering the same bad dream seniero.

I also have many of those same dreams, so your not alone Joe. Might be lack of training as I haven't had any "real" training. I would like to visit the Thunder Ranch or a similar defensive shooting course, but haven't yet so I am stuck with my hillbilly training (shooting paper plates, swinging steel plates, trees, rolling tires with cardboard in them, ya know the poor mans training.

I'm all for hillbilly training. It's cheap so I can do it more often. Plus we have a deputy that used to teach at TDI that runs an all day advanced class for $100. Yeah - it's still semi-hillbilly, but I don't have to travel and I don't have to sacrifice potential toy purchases.

That was correct, and I think P45Carry actually stated it better than I originally did. I really think you guys should check www.killology.com out. He has several books out (I even have a lecture of his on compact disc, 'the bulletproof mind' that I may dig out and listen to again when I get a chance). I would say he's definitely qualified in his opinions, and he has some very interesting material that relates directly to what we talk about so often in here. Give it a shot, you won't be dissapointed
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Conceal This.

Links