BAD: Toddler shot, knocked loaded gun off stool

This is a discussion on BAD: Toddler shot, knocked loaded gun off stool within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Toddler shot, knocked loaded gun off stool - FOX30Online.com Jacksonville News Leader JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- 3-year-old Eric Bell is recovering at Shands Jacksonville with a ...

Thread: BAD: Toddler shot, knocked loaded gun off stool

BAD: Toddler shot, knocked loaded gun off stool

Toddler shot, knocked loaded gun off stool - FOX30Online.com Jacksonville News Leader

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- 3-year-old Eric Bell is recovering at Shands Jacksonville with a gunshot wound to the chin. Police say his mother's boyfriend is responsible, even though he didn't pull the trigger.

Police say 27-year-old Nicholas Fairclough had a handgun and a sawed-off shotgun in a backpack when he came home to Phyllis Street Sunday night. They say Fairclough placed the backpack on a barstool in the kitchen. But the toddler accidentally knocked the backpack off the stool, causing one of the guns to fire.

Fairclough, who is already a known criminal, now faces charges of culpable negligence and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. The boy's mother was home at the time of the shooting. Police say she was in another room doing laundry. She will not face any criminal charges.

I'm glad this idiot criminal is off the street, but it was at a price. I do hope this child fully recovers and this O2 waster dosn't see daylight for a LONG time!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Stories like this really suck. Not only did an innocent child get injured due to the carelessness of this d-bag (who wasn't supposed to have a freakin' handgun in the first place), but now it's just one more statistic for the anti's to use against us. Furthermore, who carries a pistol and a sawed of scatter gun in their backpack? Was this his "home invasion toolkit"?

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by braap View Post
    Furthermore, who carries a pistol and a sawed of scatter gun in their backpack?

I will telll you who...stinking DIRT BAGS....no court time needed here.....slam his head into the cell door.

The mom probably knows he a dirt bag too.
    Last edited by Reborn; July 8th, 2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    This is actually the type of story that brings pros and antis together. We both want the dirtbags disarmed. The problem is that the antis somehow think that if enough laws are passed to prevent the law abiding citizen from having a firearm, that eventually the dirtbags will see the errors of their ways and give up their arms.

The only way to understand how a liberal thinks is to understand that liberalism is really a mental disorder. It should be listed in the DSM IV.

Sad for the kid, glad he will be OK. I hope this wakes Mom up and teaches her a lesson. No man is worth risking your kid's life over...

But I doubt it will
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Links