So you think your're a good problem solver, huh? - Page 2

So you think your're a good problem solver, huh?

This is a discussion on So you think your're a good problem solver, huh? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guys! You just need the proper tools for the job. A nice counter charge with a quater pound of C4, and the problem is solved. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So you think your're a good problem solver, huh?

Lead Moderator
    Guys! You just need the proper tools for the job. A nice counter charge with a quater pound of C4, and the problem is solved.

Shaped charges are also fun for poking around "strange" boxes.

As to the avatar, That one takes a minimum of finishing the EOD school, and "surviving" a minimum of 6.5 years in the field, there are two lower grades of the badge (also known as "The Crab") that come a little (very little) easier.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    no clue how to open the box. Seems the lights keep changing. hell with it. 7 rnds of .45 should fix it.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Alright guys, I need some help before I toss my laptop across the room. My girlfriend is begging for some help on the stupid combo before I lose my mind. She says she misses me, I'm not sure what she means. But I CANNOT get this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Made it with 0.37 left - Whew....
    That 3rd level took me way longer then it should have! Very kewl!
    Other co-host of the DogWatch Social Club Podcast

LOL I got it with 2 minutes to spare cutting the wires took a while to figure out
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

The wires I got right away. It was the keypad that had me scratching my head.

Assistant Administrator
    Chris - try this. Go thru all digits on combo one window at a time from right ........ ie go thru ''units'', 0 thru 9 and hit the button on right each time - hit right # and green comes on for one of the red LED's. Proceed then to next digit window ......
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Chris, Did you get a chance to put any of those games of yours onto severs yet?

Assistant Administrator
    Haven't yet but will have to first trawl thru a loada flash stuff to find the few good ones.

I'll probably PM you some links soon - but good that you reminded me - do that again if nothing appears!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chris - try this. Go thru all digits on combo one window at a time from right ........ ie go thru ''units'', 0 thru 9 and hit the button on right each time - hit right # and green comes on for one of the red LED's. Proceed then to next digit window ......
    That one I was able to figure out right away, it's the next keypad that I can't get for the life of me (no pun intended)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Conceal This.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Now I'm working on the keypad, stupid me let the green lights fool me into not changing the numbers above it, I think I blew up about 7 times. My girlfriend has left me and I lost my job...thanks for posting this Bruce I was getting tired of living indoors anyway. :1saufen: :1saufen:
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874
    My girlfriend has left me and I lost my job...thanks for posting this Bruce I was getting tired of living indoors anyway. :1saufen: :1saufen:
    On the first lock, set all the #'s to 0 then click the far left one 1 # at a time till the far right light lights up, and the far right # controls the far left light and the 2nd # from the left controld the 3rd light from the left and the 3 # from the left controls the 2nd light from the left.

As far as the key pad, put the 9 on the top, and work from there

with all the switches you must make the # = to 1111, thats pretty straight foward, just keep flipping till you get it.

Then when you get to the wires, get your calculator out.

You should live, and get your GF and Job back if you can understand what I just wrote

one you solve it a time or 2 you will be able to do the whole thing in like 2 min. its fairly easy once you get the hang of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links