UK: Nike Withdraws 'Air Stab' Shoes With 'Runnin' 'n' Gunnin' Logo

This is a discussion on UK: Nike Withdraws 'Air Stab' Shoes With 'Runnin' 'n' Gunnin' Logo within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Nike Withdraws 'Air Stab' Shoes With 'Runnin' 'n' Gunnin' Logo - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK: Nike Withdraws 'Air Stab' Shoes With 'Runnin' 'n' Gunnin' Logo

FOXNews.com - Nike Withdraws 'Air Stab' Shoes With 'Runnin' 'n' Gunnin' Logo - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Nike has withdrawn a range of shoes called Air Stab following the spate of knife murders across the U.K.

The company pulled the range from its Nike Town store in central London, the one shop which sold the shoe, in the last couple of days "given the current climate."

The running shoe, whose name is derived from "stability," was first released in 1988, a Nike spokesman said.

The current limited edition "retro" range was launched two years ago. One style of the current range carried the logo Runnin' 'n' Gunnin' on the inner lining and heel.

Nike said the Air Stab "may be an unfortunate coincidence timing-wise" but rejected any suggestion that the company condoned the use of knives

A spokesman said: "The shoe was first launched in 1988 as a stability running shoe, hence the name Air Stab. It has nothing to do with knives or knife crime.

"While it may be an unfortunate coincidence timing-wise given current problems regarding knives, we completely reject the idea that we are in any way condoning or encouraging the issue of knife usage."

Crimestoppers, the crime fighting charity, said it was "astonished that a major retailer such as Nike could be this naive and act so irresponsibly with its marketing.

"With the current gun and knife epidemic that is sweeping our country we would expect retailers to be taking a more sensitive approach to promoting products to a young and impressionable market."
    Holy crap, what is wrong with that country?

kids cant wear transformer t-shirts...Nike bends to the PC'd morons there, what's next?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    It's England, what else needs to be said.

kids cant wear transformer t-shirts...Nike bends to the PC'd morons there, what's next?
    They'll have my Optimis Prime t-shirt when they pry it off my cold dead body.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    I fear the UK is a lost cause...and I fear we are heading that way.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    FOXNews.com - Nike Withdraws 'Air Stab' Shoes With 'Runnin' 'n' Gunnin' Logo - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Holy crap, what is wrong with that country?

Huh? Transformer T-shirts are banned too?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I don't see where running and gunning is a problem there maybe a logo like running and stabbing or running and poking,I guess they could compromise with running from gunning
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

guns/knives don't kill people...

Smelly shoes do!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    guns/knives don't kill people...

Smelly shoes do!
    Don't forget the new wave of t-shirt bombs.

Maybe we could even conceal pictures of guns hidden inside of some garden magazines, then all at once we can pull out our weapons and take over the plane.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

give it time, they will try and ban gun magazines...and i bet those sissies would let a plane be hi-jacked by thugs armed with transformer t-shirts and guns & ammo magazines.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

What would happen if a U.S. soldier wearing his uniform adorned with an infantryman/crossed rifles badge tried to board an aircraft? Would he/she be asked to remove those authorized uniform items?
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

how 'bout this...

a body builder boards the plane with this shirt:

Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    What would happen if a U.S. soldier wearing his uniform adorned with an infantryman/crossed rifles badge tried to board an aircraft? Would he/she be asked to remove those authorized uniform items?
    Ooh, just try it. He'd have to remind them that those badges and insignias are the reason they don't speak German now.

"Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

the brits need to be reminded that the only people who shed blood for them were Jesus Christ and the American soldier
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Administrator
    Did France actually invade somebody? It seems to me that they might have invaded GB when we weren't looking, they all have seemed to turn into French triple ply.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    the brits need to be reminded that the only people who shed blood for them were Jesus Christ and the American soldier
    AMEN! Not to discount the British soldiers who were there also, but the odds are on us, as always.

-Paco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links