Gang violence against competing gangs only

This is a discussion on Gang violence against competing gangs only within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I live near a city called Sherwood. Well, as you might imagine, every year they have a Robin Hood festival at the forest. Kind of ...

Thread: Gang violence against competing gangs only

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Gang violence against competing gangs only

I live near a city called Sherwood. Well, as you might imagine, every year they have a Robin Hood festival at the forest. Kind of fun. See attached pictures of Robin and the Sheriff sword fighting.

There were lots of booths there. One of them was the county sheriff. I inquired about gang activity and we had a very informative discussion. The bottom line was that I really don't have to worry much about gang violence as all the violence is directed at other gangs. They pretty much leave the "civilians" alone. I am still going to keep alert.

Maid Marian is on the right dressed in white. She sword fights, too, so don't mess with her.

Robin on the right, the sheriff on the left.

Robin, Little John, Friar Tuck and a merry man.
    Attached Images
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

The problem is you never know when you might end up in the middle of a disagreement and them yahoooos shoot without caring where the shots are going
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The problem is you never know when you might end up in the middle of a disagreement and them yahoooos shoot without caring where the shots are going
    I agree 1000%. They do not care who is in the way. We just had a little 7year old girl, killed by gang bangers here in Salt Lake.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Never bring a sword to a gun fight....I think you could take'em! Especially if the gangs are dressed and armed like that!

You may want to open up your 21-foot circle another 20 ft..those swords look long.

...or can you use a semi-auto crossbow?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    ... One of them was the county sheriff. I inquired about gang activity and we had a very informative discussion. The bottom line was that I really don't have to worry much about gang violence as all the violence is directed at other gangs. They pretty much leave the "civilians" alone...
    The only problem with that is that their extracurricular activities tend to include the general populace. Home robberies, car theft/jackings, muggings, robberies...

Their young and stupid, and constantly trying to prove their mettle by whatever turns their fancy.

If only the powers that be would declare open season, no size restrictions, and no bag limit.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Gang-bangers also commit other crimes than those against other gangs. They pimp, sell drugs, steal cars, commit burglaries and armed robberies and more. And they dont do it against other gangs, they do it to law-abiding citizens such as you and I. The local LEO in your area needs to get his head out of the ground and tell folks the real deal and not sugar-coat it to make you feel better.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    That Robin Hood festival looks like a good time.

As for gangs, when it spills onto the streets and innocents are exposed, it bad for everyone. It's all the other associated criminal activities I worry about too.
    They don't care and that's what scares me the most.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

That cop was just feeding feel-good nonsense to the sheep. Gang shootings seem to result in an awful lot of non-gang people getting hit by rounds fired at gang members. Gang member have been known to also commit car jackings, robberies, rapes, arsons, home invasions, and even attack and kill people for the act of just being handy.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I call gang-on-gang violence "Retroactive Birth Control".
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I call gang-on-gang violence "Retroactive Birth Control".
    wow
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Administrator
    Just don't ever be wearing anything either RED or BLUE when you wander into the wrong area & you should be OK.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Gang Bangers are misunderstood I think that if local ranges gave each gang free range time on alternating days for opposing gangs for six months and than covertly arranged a all city gang meet on free ammo day many of our gang problems would be diminished if not solved.
    Washington gets all wound up about its gang problem. When the truth is we have nothing that even comes close to LA, AZ, DC and other areas in our nation those places have it rough. Hope our state's anti gang task force keeps up the good work. So far they have done excellent work keeping the major out of state LA AZ etc gangs out of here.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Gang Bangers are misunderstood I think that if local ranges gave each gang free range time on alternating days for opposing gangs for six months and than covertly arranged a all city gang meet on free ammo day many of our gang problems would be diminished if not solved.
    Washington gets all wound up about its gang problem. When the truth is we have nothing that even comes close to LA, AZ, DC and other areas in our nation those places have it rough. Hope our state's anti gang task force keeps up the good work. So far they have done excellent work keeping the major out of state LA AZ etc gangs out of here.

There is an area called Hill Top in Tacoma that has a rep for being bad gang territory. Back when I was younger, after my niece got raped by gang members. I became ummm you might say pro active. I had been known to drive a U Haul style truck down the main drag K street with red bandanas tied to one side on the windows and blue bandanas tied to other side on the windows. The windows rolled down playing Hank Williams Jr. Fact is they are packs of cowards who will not even consider dealing with anyone that bites back. There is a reason one of them is called CRIPS AKA
    COWARDS
    RUN
    IN
    PACK
    S
    Can not discuss what the BLOODS name is about but something to do with an old Alice Cooper song
    BTW all of those maggots ended up in prison and got so in touch with their feminine side. They paroled with a donut to sit on. Sometimes it pays to have friends in low places. One of them saw my niece after he paroled swear on my mothers honor the boy wet his pants and ran out of there in tears
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Cowards Run In Packs!!!!!!!!!

So funny and so true
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Links