Arrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Arrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I can't even get a turkey to answer my calls when I am out in the woods, but 3 females and 17 juveniles just trotted ...

Thread: Arrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

I can't even get a turkey to answer my calls when I am out in the woods, but 3 females and 17 juveniles just trotted through the front yard. I was getting the camera when the dogs noticed and started barking and scared them into the underbrush.

Can't win.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Administrator
    All depends on what your exact definition of a turkey is.
    Seems like a lot of dumb turkeys wandered into your yard.

I understand. I have a squirrel dog that can find hidden squirrels all day long in the local parks, but get him in the woods and he can only find poop to roll around in. Go figure.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    QK,

I live in a fairly rural area, and the entire house is surrounded by woods. They come through pretty frequently.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Lead Moderator
    I was actually on my deck a couple years ago cleaning a rifle when a nice buck walked into the yard to see what I was doing! I did at least bring the rifle up and look at him over the sights.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

That reminds me that I didn't get drawn for fall turkey.

What? Had summer school just let out?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

had to add this to the string

We moved into the country a few years ago and now have turkeys along with their young in the yard frequently. The most surprising sight though was when we cam home to find a peacock standing on our deck. Now this is Minnesota. After some considerable questioning (not of the peacock) he ran off, It turns out there is a specialty farm a few miles away that raises exotic animals. It was a definite experience to remember however.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    My neighbor has chickens in the city limits; I think he's a turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    I can't even get a turkey to answer my calls when I am out in the woods, but 3 females and 17 juveniles just trotted through the front yard. I was getting the camera when the dogs noticed and started barking and scared them into the underbrush.

Can't win.
    I have the same experience with DEER every year. I'll spend a few weekends tracking them down. Then I'll pick a day or two and hunker down and wait(gotta love the old ambush technique). The last time I got bupkiss. Nothing. Nada. Two days later there's a whole herd sitting practically on my front porch when I roll out for work in the am Go figure.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

This stuff must happen to all hunters. My husband tries to shoot something from his tree stand and the squirrels start chattering and throwing nuts at him! Then he'll see 4 or 5 on his way home.

Man I love to Turkey hunt. Haven't done it in years but now that we live in the great state of Tennessee, I may just have to take it up again.

Still got my turkey shotgun. I bet I could bag a few if I tried. And my 17 year old son has expressed an interest in turkey hunting too so maybe this is just the thing for he and I to do together.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Ah yes...love the critters around the house...Bear,deer,coons,porcupine,beaver,chipmunks ,squirrels,Osprey,Eagles, Elk,ang lots of Gobblers....it like living in a zoo without the fence....hmmmm nice..

Sponsored Links