My Answer To the Anti-Gunners and Liberals

This is a discussion on My Answer To the Anti-Gunners and Liberals within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When I was about 8 YRS old dad showed up with a daisy pump bb gun and I never ran out of bb's If I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Answer To the Anti-Gunners and Liberals

When I was about 8 YRS old dad showed up with a daisy pump bb gun and I never ran out of bb's If I was running low I'd let him know and next day I'd have at least 10 tubes of bb's,I never got into trouble with it ever but living by the desert in LV nevada there were lots of things to shoot at,and we spent our days outside not engrossed by a playstation playing video games that glorify a thug lifestyle.
    When I turned 10 he took me out in the desert with his 22 semi auto rifle and lined up cans and I bet I shot about 100 rounds before we went home,I will never forget the things my dad taught me and the good times we had together
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

I have fond memories of my first BB gun, although the neighborhood animals didn't, they would all run from me (don't know why). I think the city street dept had a party when it finally broke, there wasn't a streetlight that worked in the whole neighborhood!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    ...sniping Nazi army figures with my Crosman.....
    I had the 760 Powermaster: at 25 pumps it was pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    I had the 760 Powermaster: at 25 pumps it was pretty impressive.
    Mine was the Powermaster 66 with the brushed aluminum scope and brushed barrel. I almost got suspended from school because I brought one of the army guys to school in second grade, it's head was shot off. It was sitting in- not on- my desk, remember the desks with pockets underneath where you slid your books into? Some punk kid told his mommy and daddy, who in turn complained to the teacher and it went from there. Ahh, Catholic school...
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

My oldest boy is 5 yrs old and I promised him a BB gun when he turns 7. I figure once he learns how to handle that safely then when he gets the .22 he'll be ahead of the game. Thankfully both boys already like playing outside in the yard just like the way I grew up.
    NRA Member

addendum to my original post: This past saturday I took my oldest boy (the one with the red ryder) to his first three gun match so he could watch; My gunsmith promptly let him put one round downrange with his AR at an 8" steel plate about 50 yards away.

He nailed it dead center on the first shot.

he is still talking about it at this moment, pleading with me to get out my "bidness gun" so he can see if it is like "the one he fired this weekend".

We are gonna have sooooooo much fun when he is older
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

And he's even shooting from the right side. Way to go!

(Lefty, here, too.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Good Job!

How do you go about conveying proper safety to one so young? Do they easily pick it up and understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by mattxander12 View Post
    How do you go about conveying proper safety to one so young? Do they easily pick it up and understand it?
    The younger you start the better,kids are very eager to do things the right way and teaching good gun handling skills will follow them all the way thru their lives.I remember some friends didn't want their kids anywhere near a gun toy or otherwise and junior was about 4 and came running thru the house with a stick making banging noises ,I thought his mom was gonna faint.Guys and Guns it's inevitable,and sometimes ladies are just as bad
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My Boys inherently understand safety around firearms. My oldest son (the one with the BB gun) at 7 already knows how to render the bolt action .22 rifle I own into a safe condition by opening the bolt and inspecting the chamber. He can also check any of my autopistols or revolver to insure there are no rounds in the respective chambers.

At home, my fanny pack/holster are no more than 10 ft away from me at any given time. Even my three year old has been trained to not touch or handle the weapon, period or immediate punishment will result. Of course, my carry gun is under my direct supervision as well, which helps, but they still get the message.

Last night my Wife's uncle came over to have dinner with us. He is an airline pilot with United airlines, and has the "federal flight deck officer" badge and carries a .40 caliber HK pistol with him at all times. He was absolutley amazed at the fact that he was able to set his holster down on our kitchen counter in plain sight of my three boys, who made no sudden moves to grab the gun and start playing with it. When asked, I told my wifes uncle that proper and repetitive training are still the best remedies for accidents involving firearms.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

That is a fantastic picture!

You are bringing them up right, there is no doubt about that!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    My sons don't play video games, they play outside. They are only allowed 1 hour of TV in the evenings.
    They begin each day and end every day with prayer. And we use corporal punishment when they misbehave. No time out here.

His younger brothers are already asking for theirs......

Enjoy

Attachment 9236
    It worked for me and my bothers, was raised the same way. Way to go brother for teacing them responsibility early in their lives.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links