My Answer To the Anti-Gunners and Liberals

This is a discussion on My Answer To the Anti-Gunners and Liberals within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My liberal family members threw a fit over this picture I sent around this weekend showing my 7 year old proudly shooting his new BB ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Answer To the Anti-Gunners and Liberals

My liberal family members threw a fit over this picture I sent around this weekend showing my 7 year old proudly shooting his new BB gun, a Daisy Red Ryder.

My sons don't play video games, they play outside.
    They are only allowed 1 hour of TV in the evenings.
    They begin each day and end every day with prayer.
    And we use corporal punishment when they misbehave. No time out here.

His younger brothers are already asking for theirs......

Enjoy

IMG00187.jpg
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job to me, keep up the good work.

if you're getting liberals mad, you're doing a good job.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Awesome pic, and don't worry your 2A family approves
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Good for you, it sounds like your doing a good job.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    My thanks to you for boys that we won't have to worry with as they grow up.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

i can't think of a better thing to teach boys. it's much better then video games.

kudos!!!!
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member
    How does the bumper sticker go? "It's better to hunt with your son, rather than to hunt for him"

That picture reminds me of myself when I turned 7 (way back when), I got a Daisy BB gun for my birthday, and shot it at least a gazillion times. Always safe, never an injury.

The guns didn't affect me some way or turn me into a serial killer or overpass sniper. I never even had a thought like that.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I'll wager they'll grow up being leaders vice followers

Bravo Zulu!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Gun safety without TV...great combo...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    edr9x23super Allow me to congratulate you for being the most endangered species in the USA today ..... An actual full fledged parent . I raised two with similar ideals and both are adult today, no contact with LE other than speeding tickets ( son ) . The boy blunder blessed us with two grandsons and is raising them pretty much as he was , heck he even asks advise lol . The daughter currently is dating a fine young man who has 3 children from two women ( woman 1 gave him a daughter and then was killed in a car wreck , he has had custody of the daughter child since he was 18 now ) Wife 1 gave him two sons and then fell into the abyss of substance abuse some years ago , he is now doing the custody thing on the boys since even OK now is starting to recognize that being picked up out of a parking lot having convulsions and flight for life transported to big city hospital due to nothing more than a " party weekend " might not make for a good momma . Now we are blessed with ( including the " step " grandkids 5 of the little beasts ranging from an 11 year old girl on down to a 2 year old boy lol . All are wonderful tho i do admit that " his " boys need some extra attention both to improve their minds /emotional control ( understandable given their lives ) and because they are 8 and 7 LOL .

Again Kudos to you . And if i may say it Kudos to my daughter for not running screaming from a fine young man because of his circumstances in life . BTW he by trade is an equipment and truck mechanic who works for a small company , he makes a fine living as far as that goes , he just took on the two boys , and OK has not released him from child support yet with the custody change . He still wont take subsodys ( welfare or assistance ) , rather he does without what he cannot afford . RRgramma and i have of course filled some of the gap, after all favored daughter thinks a lot of him as do we , and kids simply dont go " without " if i know about it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I'm glad someone still has the cojones to raise men, and with minimum exposure to the idiot box to boot! I remember the days spent in our backyard with my brother and pop, sniping Nazi army figures with my Crosman.

One suggestion- eye protection. Get them started when they're young, they'll feel naked without it when they get older.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    One suggestion- eye protection. Get them started when they're young, they'll feel naked without it when they get older.
    Yeah, a friend of ours lost an eye to a BB gun accident as a child.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Keep up the good work!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    I'm glad someone still has the cojones to raise men, and with minimum exposure to the idiot box to boot! I remember the days spent in our backyard with my brother and pop, sniping Nazi army figures with my Crosman.

LOL nazi army firgure,s...wish my targets for the BB/Pellet gun I had as a 'child' with my dad were that cool,...we stuck to 2 liter bottles, soda cans, whatever else dad layed aside knowing it'd make a cool sound when we hit it

Agreed on the eye protection, although keep up the good work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links