Letter from one "Angry Woman" - Page 2

Letter from one "Angry Woman"

This is a discussion on Letter from one "Angry Woman" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; GREAT LETTER...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GREAT LETTER

Quote Originally Posted by Army22rpr View Post
    Racist??!, Wow you have been brainwashed when you start defending our enemies. Yes, enemies, that want us and our way of life obliterated! We complain and fight the liberals that attempt to wash down the constitution, and our 2nd amendment; maybe we should fight just as hard to defend our country, our way of life and realize that our troops are doing a crack job with all the red tape that they have to do it thru. This lady didn't mention hating any race of people just a certain type of people whose behavior she doesn't "care" about defending. Seems like some of us are just a little too PC. Sorry if this seems like a rant but I am a soldier that understands this lady explicitly and have visited my fellow brother and sisters in arms that were horribly maimed and see them go thru rehabilitation to stay in the service to continue to help defend OUR freedom. WOW!! this lady had it dead on.

Outstanding!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Eh. Borderline rascist.

No thanks.

-JT
    My GOD, HOW, WHAT,WHEN, and WHERE?

Man or woman, I totally agree with the letter writer.

OH YEA, it`s racist.
    Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by czlight View Post
    Racist!!! Give me a break!! This lady said what most of us already think.

I donít want this to turn into a thread about racism, but if you really want to know what is racist just take a look at the Miss Black America Beauty Pageant, All of the Black Colleges, Black Spring Break and this list goes on.

I am sure I will get flamed for typing the above, but I just get sick and tired of the race card being played.

During the 9/11 attacks the terrorist didn't single out any particular race. They see us as Americans, not red, green, white, black etc.

After the attacks I saw something I thought I would never see, Americans of all races banding together, flying the flag. That my friend is what America should be about.

If you are a citizen of this country, then you are an American and need to support our troops!

If you donít like what this country stands for then leave.
    I agree, oh by the way I am An American that happens to be Black.
    Keep your powder dry

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    To be honest with you I can care less about her letter(because it's not going to help anything) or any problems anyone have with it. The only thing I care about is defending this country.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

[QUOTE=rodc13;793538]This is the latest permutation of the original "letter" penned by political speechwriter Doug Patton. It's been going around for a while in various forms. Here's the link on Snopes: snopes.com: I'll Care If . . .[\QUOTE]

I did a snopes search before I posted this and came up empty. You are truly a Google-Fu Master!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

[QUOTE=goldshellback;794516]
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    This is the latest permutation of the original "letter" penned by political speechwriter Doug Patton. It's been going around for a while in various forms. Here's the link on Snopes: snopes.com: I'll Care If . . .[\QUOTE]

I did a snopes search before I posted this and came up empty. You are truly a Google-Fu Master!
    Ah, heck, I guess I oughta have at least one kind of skill. I think the key for me was searching for "I'll care".

It's a good post, whether one agrees with every line or not. My only point was to give attribution to the original author, Doug Patton, rather than some nebulous "angry woman".

And, as I said before, I don't believe criticism of any religion is racism. Some diatribes can certainly combine the two, but this one doesn't. I don't hold with "sacred cows" of any ilk, and the U.S. doesn't have a "blashphemy" crime, thanks to the First Amendment.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links