His last name should be Vlasic

This is a discussion on His last name should be Vlasic within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; R.I. police say man had 0.491 blood alcohol level 33 minutes ago State police say they arrested a man early Tuesday whose blood alcohol level ...

Thread: His last name should be Vlasic

His last name should be Vlasic

R.I. police say man had 0.491 blood alcohol level 33 minutes ago

State police say they arrested a man early Tuesday whose blood alcohol level was 0.491 percent the highest ever recorded in Rhode Island for someone who wasn't dead.

Stanley Kobierowski was taken to a hospital, put in the detoxification unit and sedated, said Maj. Steven O'Donnell. He was arraigned Tuesday on charges of driving while intoxicated and resisting arrest, and he was released after promising to appear Friday at a court hearing.

"The person's lucky they survived," O'Donnell said. "There's no doubt he would have gotten killed or killed someone if he had continued on the route he was taking."

A phone listing for Kobierowski could not be found, and he did not have a lawyer in court Tuesday.

Kobierowski, 34, of North Providence, was arrested after he drove into a highway message board on Interstate 95 in Providence, O'Donnell said.

After police arrived, Kobierowski had trouble getting out of the car, then grabbed it and refused to move, forcing troopers to carry him to the breakdown lane before taking him back to their barracks, O'Donnell said.

A breath test showed blood alcohol readings of 0.489 percent, followed by 0.491, O'Donnell said, the highest readings state officials could remember for someone who didn't end up dead.

The legal limit in Rhode Island is 0.08. A level of 0.30 is classified as stupor, 0.4 is comatose and 0.5 is considered fatal, according to the health department.
    This guy is so pickled they should name one after him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    0.491 and he was actually driving? UNREAL!
    Right up until I just read this story I would have thought that was next to physically impossible.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I think that they should have offered him a couple more beers...
    Who would know?
    Problem solved!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Got that beat... I ran a guy who was the highest in the state of Missouri who wasn't dead. 0.742!

He wasn't driving... he was unconscious behind a dumpster at the grocery store.

He left the ER 12 hours later with a BA of 0.400 which is a panic level BA according to our lab and he was stone sober when he left. State poison control said the highest they ever recorded in MO. was 0.612!

Hard Core to the Bone!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Gosh, I drink so rarely that I'm done after two or three beers. The highest I've ever seen was a .3something, and that guy could barley stand.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    0.742! - Don't even Flick A BIC near that guy!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I know my personal limit for alcohol. My problem is that I alway get drunk before I reach it!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    I know my personal limit for alcohol. My problem is that I alway get drunk before I reach it!
    Back When I use to drink and I haven't drank in 17 years I would drink beer and after some beer a few shots of jack to get the party really going but sometime during the night I would invite tequila in and tequila would cause so much trouble that my stomache would kick everybody,beer whiskey and tequila out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Only a chronic alcoholic can reach those levels, at least without chugging a huge amount at one time. As a paramedic years ago I picked up a drink with a 4.4, which was the highest that I have run across, and the guy was conscious. I used to drink pretty heavily (stopped 10 years ago, just lost the habit), but there is no way that I could remain conscious long enough to attain anywhere near those numbers. I feel sorry for those people, since they must not have any life other than drinking.

"....and he was released after promising to appear Friday at a court hearing."
    My question, released from the ICU or detox? It took a couple of days for this
    chronic alcoholic to get there I think.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Nearly a half percent... and resisting arrest?

How much 'resistance' could this fellow really have put up?

I can't imagine _walking_ with a BAC of a half percent, much less putting up a fight.

These days, I limit my alcohol intake to one drink with dinner, maybe once a week. I enjoy a good beer or nice glass of wine too much to completely give it up, but one is plenty.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I have seen .7+ as well in a 19 yo no less. He started drinking at age 15 or so. It was many years ago and he is porbably dead by now. Of course people with those high levels are professional drinkers on there way to the grave.

Links