Traveling to Complete Major Milestone in Life - Page 3

Traveling to Complete Major Milestone in Life

This is a discussion on Traveling to Complete Major Milestone in Life within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by XD 45 Trust me I love everything about her so I am not wanting to get rid or change anything about her. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    Trust me I love everything about her so I am not wanting to get rid or change anything about her. I made it here safe and in one piece. I am going to ask the dad tommrow night after dinner Then saturday take her to dinner some where in San antonio no Idea as to where as of yet. I am going to propose on the Riverwalk in San Antonio at night while on the river . And then cap the weekend off and go to seaworld.
    Here are some restaurant suggestions in San Antonio. Check out their websites:

Downtown on the Riverwalk (not the touristy places):
    Restaurant Le Reve - THE best restaurant in Texas, arguably in the U.S. Just amazing. Probably won't be able to get reservations at this point, but would be worth a shot. Expensive, but worth it.

Biga on the Banks -- An excellent restaurant and quite romantic. Outdoor dining on the river, if you wish.

A bit further out:
    The Vineyards -- In a lovely setting of the Texas Hill Country, just outside San Antonio on Natural Bridge Caverns Road (3009). One of the most romantic settings you'll find. The dining room is glass on 3 sides, overlooking the vineyard below. They even do weddings there. Food is fabulous. It should be -- my grandson is the executive chef!

Good luck and have fun!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I think I may take her to your grandsons resturant saturday night I will make the call later on today as she is with me most of the time so got to do it when she and her mom are shopping.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Ok Everything is set for saturday Im taking her to The Vineyards resturant and then going to the riverwalk and then take the beautiful woman back home.

Ok Everything is set for saturday Im taking her to The Vineyards resturant and then going to the riverwalk and then take the beautiful woman back home.
    Excellent!!! Drop me a PM. I want to pass on some info.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    So have you asked her father yet? I remember that experience when I asked my wife's father, he messed with me some but I guess that is part of the deal. Her grandfather on the other hand was another story.

He asked me to help him get some firewood so I followed him out to his woodshed. After opening the door, he turned, pulled out a knife, and said that if I ever hurt his grand-daughter he would cut me.

Wasn't funny at the time, but I guess that was a standing routine he followed for anyone who dated his daughters/grand-daughters.

Anyhow, good luck XD, let us know how things go.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Yea I asked I was in the living room cleaning and lubing my piece and he walked in and said you carry and I said yes sir and he asked me what was the reason I chose to carry and I said to protect your beautiful daughter because she ment the entire world to me. He sat down and picked up my gun and held it looking it over and he said you know you are maticulous when it comes to taking care of your weapon. I then said sir I have a question for you. May I have your permission to take over the responsiblity of Providing for and protecting your daughter. He looked at me and said you know your a real man and I said why and he said becuase your doing things the way a real gentleman who holds respect for old traditions does things.And he says it's good to see they are still alive today and he said son you are one of a dying breed of men. He says a real getleman asks the parents permission before proposing to their daughter and he said I know know she is in the best of hands so I pass on the responsiblity of providing for her and protecting her on you. Take care of her and she will take care of you.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Yea I asked I was in the living room cleaning and lubing my piece and he walked in and said you carry and I said yes sir and he asked me what was the reason I chose to carry and I said to protect your beautiful daughter because she ment the entire world to me. He sat down and picked up my gun and held it looking it over and he said you know you are maticulous when it comes to taking care of your weapon. I then said sir I have a question for you. May I have your permission to take over the responsiblity of Providing for and protecting your daughter. He looked at me and said you know your a real man and I said why and he said becuase your doing things the way a real gentleman who holds respect for old traditions does things.And he says it's good to see they are still alive today and he said son you are one of a dying breed of men. He says a real getleman asks the parents permission before proposing to their daughter and he said I know know she is in the best of hands so I pass on the responsiblity of providing for her and protecting her on you. Take care of her and she will take care of you.
    Congrats. Now how did everything go when you asked her last night?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

We went out to The Vineyard in Texas hill country and enjoyed some fine food but I was going to propose but she expected it to happen in the resturant. so I proposed to her on the beach I took her home and then drove to a beach near by and set everything up laid out rose pedals form the car to the sand and wrote 3 dates on three rocks. Then I told her to meet me there. The first rock for the first day we met the second one of our first kiss and then she asked what was the third one that I left blank and I said it was the day I asked you to marry me and she started crying and said yes

Nice move!! Props for being original.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Congratulations! I'm glad things went smoothly. When's the wedding?

Austin

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar

There is something to be said for doing it the right way!!!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Where are the pics in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Congratulations! I'm glad things went smoothly. When's the wedding?

Austin

She wants to do it around christmas up here in TX again so she can have her family come so I said alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig sauer View Post
    Where are the pics in this thread?

Sorry no pictures of bride to be but will have some wedding ones later this year.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links