Hurricane Season

Hurricane Season

This is a discussion on Hurricane Season within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well looks like Dollys heading right at me and were in tornado watches right now,I'm 70 miles inland so I should be out of any ...

Thread: Hurricane Season

Hurricane Season

Well looks like Dollys heading right at me and were in tornado watches right now,I'm 70 miles inland so I should be out of any flood areas,only thing that will affect me is a power outage but I can rough it and anybody thinking my house is a good place to loot will discover the arsenal I'm staying behind to protect.Did I say I hate Hurricane season.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good luck with it. Severe weather/tornado season here seemed to kick of early this year...February to my thinking, had a heck of a wind-storm here yesterday evening...severe weather passed us by luckily, but more to come this week.

Well, at least it's a good excuse to check your SHTF supplies and get to know your inner caveman. Good luck and remember to put up the yard furniture.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Being 70 miles inland, severe rain/flooding would be biggest concern right in front of wind damage, which is bad enough. Dolly's only gonna get stronger until landfall later this morning/afternoon. Good luck riding her out!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator
    I'm sure that you'll pull through it OK.
    Hope that you don't lose your power. If you do then I guess we'll get an update as soon as you can get back on.
    I have no compassion for looters. They are about as low on my list as home invaders.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Flooding will be your biggest concern. I live 400 miles inland from the Gulf and when one tracks up from FL or AL we get tons of rain and flooding.

So far only winds around 50 MPH and steady light rain,My house sits in a high area of the valley so flooding isn't a concern,They did evacuate the South Padre Islands and if you ever been there a tidal surge would flood everything,My daughter called me from Kansas City and asked if I was ok,I am disabled but have a few close friends I made down here in the last 18 months I can call if I need to,I was buying extra rations of open and eat stuff last night and the shelves in Walmart were getting hit pretty hard,The flashlight section was almost bare,and even tho I have several big lights I bought an extreme LED I can carry in a pocket so I got it on me just in case,I been wanting to get one and the reason they had some left was the almost $19.00 price tag.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

I am back online after power was out for about 30 hours,those 50 MPH winds turned into 80 and at about 7am the storm passed me,people by the coast got it pretty bad with some flooding going on.I know I'm good for a category 2 but any higher and I'm heading North to get away from it

Glad you pulled through o.k.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Glad to hear you survived.
    I know I'm good for a category 2 but any higher and I'm heading North to get away from it
    Well, judging by your location south is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Glad to hear you survived.

Well, judging by your location south is out.
    To tell you the truth It might be faster going south than trying to go north in a mass evacuation,I remember a few years ago when people were stranded in bumper to bumper traffic up around galveston and houston running outta gas.Downside is my espanola sux

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I traveled from Virginia to Dallas, to get in a van with 132000 miles on it and drive four kids (mine 8 & 1, nieces 6 & 3) and my wife following my inlaws down to Mustang Island for a little "vacation." Little over 400 miles.

Dolly came second day. Van window dropped out of sight same day. Brakes went out on van on the way down. Had to go with dad-in-law to find an auto parts store in the middle of the blow. Surprisingly, many businesses were open. Got the brakes fixed and the window taped. Only lost power for about one hour.

My baby got infected sores on both feet from sand in his sand shoes. My oldest got an abcessed tooth. All the kids got a bug.

Had to drive van back (400 miles) with plastic fluttering and kids fighting.

Got home after midnight this morning to find the cats had made four deposits on the carpet. Had to go get litter (changed it the day I left, 5 days ago) and clean up. Four hour sleep and back to work.

Whew! Four more days and the family returns, they have been there a whole month...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links