Stupid

This is a discussion on Stupid within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not really a joke but funny none the less. Several years ago (10?) I was sitting at the computer in our guest room. The middle ...

Thread: Stupid

Sponsor

Stupid

Not really a joke but funny none the less.

Several years ago (10?) I was sitting at the computer in our guest room. The middle of the day on a Sunday. Our dog starts barking and I was so distracted I could only tell him to shut up (gaming). Later in the day I go in the garage only to find the door open and my blower, weed eater, & several fishing poles gone. Many of the poles I had since I was a kid and miss them still.

I could only kick myself for being so stupid. First and foremost not listening to my dog, for gods sake that is the main reason why we keep them. Secondly for leaving the garage open even in a neighborhood that we don't have much crime. Lastly being so distracted that my SA was severely compromised (this might should have been first).

The reason I say this is funny is that in the grand scheme there was no great loss and it taught me lessons on many levels, although I still miss the fishing pole that I had since I was 12 (42 now).

I am sure you guys have some situation that was a catalyst for a better SA and more defensive attitude. I would love to hear them.

Chris

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I know where your are coming from. Try your step-son (a trusted family member) stealing checks and forging them, credit cards and using them for his friends, setting up fake break ins and stealing things from the family to sell. One item was a fishing rod and reel that was the last one my dad and I set up together. I found out later he sold it for $20. Well he has been convicted of credit card fraud in the city and county. The county has already sentenced him and the city will on July 31. You're not as stupid as I was.

Sponsor
    I bet you would have paid him <3 times $20.00 to keep your dads fishing pole.

Links