Cleveland Vigilante group formed

This is a discussion on Cleveland Vigilante group formed within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pop Up Video what does everyone think of this? i didn't like that they said this = "33% of us have CCW permits"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Vigilante group formed

Cleveland Vigilante group formed

Pop Up Video

what does everyone think of this?

i didn't like that they said this = "33% of us have CCW permits"
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    i didn't like that they said this = "33% of us have CCW permits"
    Yeah, first time someone makes a stupid mistake then that will be another notch for the Brady Bunch.

Not to mention being a vigilante is against the law, if they truly want to be effective and legal then they need to form an active neighborhood watch group and patrol the streets with cell phones and 2 way radios; see if they can get some funding and hire off duty Cops, something of that nature.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

i agree - could this be out of desperation however? lack of adequate policing?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I'd say it's a bad idea. It sounds like mall ninjas gone overboard to me. Using their members as bait and then dispensing their own justice - wow.

Taking the law into your own hands = BAD

I'm not saying something isn't needed, but this isn't it IMO.

Quite possibly, which would be sad. But I would think Cleveland would have a decent enough sized force. Of course, this coming from someone just outside of Dallas where they are short some 1,000 police officers by size of city standards.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    i agree - could this be out of desperation however? lack of adequate policing?
    It is a bad idea and I believe it IS due to a lack of funding (City Gov't's attitudes towards the area may have a role too).
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Yes, Cleveland is not as prosperous as it was in the 90's, in fact the economy pretty much tanked up there in recent years. CPD has layed off a lot of guys too, so they are stretched very thin.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Definitely wouldn't have advertised it that way, some of the statements are just looking for trouble. Maybe it's just an attempted scare tactic for the criminals.

Question though, taking the law into your own hands is illegal, but what are you supposed to do if the law can't or won't handle the illegal activity?

Also, why is it that we can always seem to catch the vigilantes, but we can't seem to catch the criminals that drove the vigilantes to action?

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

The claim about the CCW could really give us a black eye though...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    Question though, taking the law into your own hands is illegal, but what are you supposed to do if the law can't or won't handle the illegal activity?

Also, why is it that we can always seem to catch the vigilantes, but we can't seem to catch the criminals that drove the vigilantes to action?
    Two VERY valid questions, guess they need to answer them at the voting booths!

-Paco

Maybe.... It is a Neighborhood Watch Group with a different name. Maybe they are not going to violate the law but just getting a little bluff in.

We really haven't seen ANYTHING except fliers yet! The police have had no complaints.

The Guardian Angels have been around a long time folks. Next year will be their 30th anniversary. Controversial yes! Every now and then go a little overboard and police have to step on them a bit, but they are still around. And they have been effective! I believe they are still labeled a "vigilante group" by some.

Groups like that aren't for me! But they are born out of frustration! Good people who are tired of crime.

I would think they know they are gonna be under a microscope and if they break the law... they are gonna be stepped on! Their membership won't hold up if they all go to jail for street crimes.

I think we'll just have to wait and see how it develops! I think the police are taking the same tact.

Oh yeah, and of course the media are going to put a negative spin on it! You expecting anything less out of the media?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Have to wait and see what happens. I am betting on that the flyer is just a scare tactic.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I think it is probably another tactic by some antis to paint us as a bunch of right-wing nutcases.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I think it is probably another tactic by some antis to paint us as a bunch of right-wing nutcases.....
    Interesting point! Way to think "outside" the box!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    I found it a little interesting that the found nobody from the group to interview; It seems to me that if I were in charge of such a thing, I would want to be center stage to ensure any media coverage is positive.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links