3yo killed by pitbull - Page 2

3yo killed by pitbull

This is a discussion on 3yo killed by pitbull within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by morintp I've said it a bunch of times here, but I'll say it one last time before this thread gets closed. Pitbulls ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I've said it a bunch of times here, but I'll say it one last time before this thread gets closed. Pitbulls are only as bad as their owner and upbringing. I've known several great pitbulls. Other dogs kill people too, but it's not sensational enough to be newsworthy. A pitbull killing someone? Now that's a sexy topic.
    I've known gang members that haven't killed anyone (yet). Of course there are other breeds that kill. The percentage of PB kills makes them a demonstrable problem.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Of course there are other breeds that kill. The percentage of PB kills makes them a demonstrable problem.
    And the media would call Siafu's dog a Pit Bull along with about a dozen other breeds including mixes that may or may not have PB in them. The media is notorious for not even seeing the dog before calling it a PB. I'm not saying the dog in this story isn't one but I have to question whether the dogs in all these stories are in fact PBs.

Perhaps a Pit Bull permits with background checks and strong requirements.
    I hear Utah and Florida have the best state reciprocity for Pit Bull permits.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    And the media would call Siafu's dog a Pit Bull along with about a dozen other breeds including mixes that may or may not have PB in them. The media is notorious for not even seeing the dog before calling it a PB. I'm not saying the dog in this story isn't one but I have to question whether the dogs in all these stories are in fact PBs.
    Yeah, I'd be the only fool in town with a $3700 Pit Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post

Awesome looking dog!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I see several on here thinking it is a good idea to ban this breed or something along this line. You need to understand if they can get away with it here then it just becomes a new monster dog that they will go after.
    People always like to blame the animal and all. Pit bulls are incredibly obedient dogs and were bred this way as the handler was in the ring with them. I hate to see this thread begun with the statement of the bred being "No doubt they are an aggressive breed of dog..." They are no more aggressive than any other dog of their stature. Doberman and Roties have had a bad name in the past. I am strongly against the government telling me what kind of dog I am to own. As I am sure many on here do not want government interference with the choices they make.
    I do not own a pit bull, but I have owned Dobermans. I would hate to see a precedent set and then more and more places follow suit because it has been done once.
    just my .02

VIP Member
    A community near where I live tried to ban the breed and was somehow forced to change their law. I don't know the factors that went into the decisions.

FWIW, I'm for banning the breed and anything that has PB in it.

You just don't hear anywhere near as many horror stories on other breeds.

I had a Dalmatian one time (they aren't as nice as in the movies) who could get quite aggressive. But, at least if the target stopped moving the dog would not continue with the attack.

My neighbor had a German Sheppard. Really lovely nice old dog that caused no trouble whatsoever.

Funny, the dogs you find running loose in our neighborhood are the Rots.

And usually, the crazier the dog, the crazier the owner. But that doesn't absolve the breed.

Doesn't matter the breed of dog that killed someone. The dog should be killed, the owner should be punished with the maximum sentence for murder, and the poor child's parents should be brought up on charges of endangering a child; perhaps executed themselves.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagleky View Post
    I see several on here thinking it is a good idea to ban this breed or something along this line. You need to understand if they can get away with it here then it just becomes a new monster dog that they will go after.

Ban the breed? No, I think that every one should be neutered and anyone who breeds them should be in prison. The current animals should be allowed to live until they attack a human, in which case the dog should be destroyed and the owner held one hundred percent responsible as if the owner killed the child himself. And I support any legislation to ban the anaimals from any community as the people decide.

People always like to blame the animal and all. Pit bulls are incredibly obedient dogs and were bred this way as the handler was in the ring with them. I hate to see this thread begun with the statement of the bred being "No doubt they are an aggressive breed of dog..."
    They are vicious animals. Some owners defend them with the nonsense that they are obedient or loyal or some such unsupportable verbal defense. The fact is these dogs escape confinement and maul humans. You make it seem the animal is not at fault. Perhaps you are right. No one expects a wild animal to act any differently than a wild animal. But put a vicious animal in a domestic enviroment and you see the results on the news weekly. Pit bulls should be eradicated. They serve no useful benefit and they endanger society.

They are no more aggressive than any other dog of their stature. Doberman and Roties have had a bad name in the past. I am strongly against the government telling me what kind of dog I am to own. As I am sure many on here do not want government interference with the choices they make.
    I suppose you think you should be allowed to own a black bear. The cubs are soooo cute, after all. And they are obedient! Or perhaps you should be allowed to own a mountain lion. Adorable kitty!

The fact is that we need to prevent private ownership of vicious, dangerous wild animals. Pit bulls have proven to be a real menace to society. I am tired of reading stories of pit bulls killing children. Perhaps you are OK with it but I am not.

JD
    Administrator
    We'll just go ahead and wrap up this latest round of "If you ban dogs only criminals will have dogs"

That's why we have cats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links