3yo killed by pitbull

3yo killed by pitbull

This is a discussion on 3yo killed by pitbull within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Let me start off by stating this breed gets a bad rapp. No doubt they are an aggressive breed of dog but as a owner ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3yo killed by pitbull

Let me start off by stating this breed gets a bad rapp.
    No doubt they are an aggressive breed of dog but as a owner of dogs, I know that human interaction can affect a dogs attitude.
    This animal was chained and more then likely used for fighting or starved. I know the area. There is not a weekend that goes by where there is not a dog fight, were talking 20+ dogs.

Should the city ban the bred, I think they should just to protect the dogs. WYO

Pit bull attacks, kills 3-year-old | clarionledger.com | The Clarion-Ledger
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Here's the story...

Pit bull attacks, kills 3-year-old

MARK.BONNER@JACKSON.GANNETT.COM • JULY 23, 2008

A chained pit bull attacked and killed a 3-year-old boy Tuesday night in south Jackson.

Jackson police would not identify the toddler.

The mauling happened about 9 p.m. while the child played outside with friends at 112 Maple Ridge Drive across the street from his home.

"Right now, our big question is: Where were the parents?" said police spokesman Sgt. Jeffery Scott. "This child was mauled to death. What was that 3-year-old doing by himself?"

Scott said investigators were still interviewing witnesses late Tuesday. He said it was too early to say whether homeowners Shannon and Shaunda Reason, who own the dog named Blue Eyes, or anyone else would be charged.

The attack occurred when the boy wandered from the front yard into the carport where the dog was, Scott said. As the child made the corner toward the back of the house, he met the dog face-to-face.

The 2 1/2-year-old pit bull bit into the boy's neck and upper torso. Police said the dog then dragged the boy inside the doghouse, where he died.

When police and animal control officers arrived, Scott said the dog charged them, forcing officers to open fire. The dog was wounded but not killed.

Now in animal control custody, the dog will be quarantined and observed for 10 days before officials decide whether it should be euthanized.

The Reasons were being questioned late Tuesday.

Down the street, Isaac Stuckley said he heard the attack and mistakenly thought someone had been shot or stabbed.

"It happened so quick," the 12-year neighborhood resident said. "A lot of screaming, yelling and cursing - I thought a big fight had broken out."

Stuckley said the Reasons keep three pit bulls.

Stuckley said there had been a large gathering in front of the home before the attack.

"I have a pit bull myself," Stuckley said. "But it's for safety. It's not for children. That child didn't even have a chance. The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The dog, the dogs owners, and the childs parents should all be euthanized!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now in animal control custody, the dog will be quarantined and observed for 10 days before officials decide whether it should be euthanized.
    What's to decide? Euthanized is too sanitized a word for those vile animals. The dog should be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    What's to decide? Euthanized is too sanitized a word for those vile animals. The dog should be destroyed.
    I agree. A terrible tragedy.

I know this will cause another ground swell of replies both pro and con. We had this discussion about a month or so ago, but I'm ready to have a go at it again!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

The breed only get a bad rap because of all the bad acts committed by representatives of the breed. Kind of like armed robbers, rapists, gang-bangers, etc. They a get a bad rap because of the behavior of their group members. I'm anti-gang-banger, even if not every gang member kills someone. I'm also anti pit bull.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I'm surely not a Pit Bull fan...but in this particular case...with the dog chained...I'm left wondering whose at fault. I have seen other large and small dogs protect/guard their turf...even killed. Not all dogs are raised to be the cuddly poodle.

Rick

And yet another Pit Bull attacks story so how many it that now? Less than 2 weeks ago a 80 year old was badly mauled, so what it the solution, how about owner responsibility, or the owner gets charged with what ever crime his Little puppy does, in this case murder 1.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I still say that pit bulls need to be eradicated. You don't hear of schnuazers mauling anybody? You don't hear of Huskys mauling anybody...no, its almost always a pit bull. They are a worthless species of dog...only good for fighting and killing. JMO...so take it easy on me.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I've said it a bunch of times here, but I'll say it one last time before this thread gets closed. Pitbulls are only as bad as their owner and upbringing. I've known several great pitbulls. Other dogs kill people too, but it's not sensational enough to be newsworthy. A pitbull killing someone? Now that's a sexy topic.

Bottle nosed dolphins kill as many people each year as great white sharks. They just have a better publicist.

Old saying , you have to be smarter then the dog, before you can train it.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

JD
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I've said it a bunch of times here, but I'll say it one last time before this thread gets closed. Pitbulls are only as bad as their owner and upbringing. I've known several great pitbulls. Other dogs kill people too, but it's not sensational enough to be newsworthy. A pitbull killing someone? Now that's a sexy topic.

Bottle nosed dolphins kill as many people each year as great white sharks. They just have a better publicist.
    too true. I'll add that a dog is also only as good as the breeder. We got interviewed more extensively by the breeder we got our 3 from than any job interview I've ever been to.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Ghetto dogs, Ghetto owners, Ghetto parents. Why is anyone surprised? When you live in a culture that elevates "thug life" above all else it it any surprise that things like this happen? I have a Presa Canario, a dog that can eat a Pit Bull like a chicken wing yet my dog is sedate, well mannered and predictable. Then again, I don't feed her gun powder and keep her on a 3 foot chain either. It all comes down to how you raise your dog, how you look after your kids and how you live your life. Another sad aspect of this scenario is that the wrongful death claim will likely fall onto the landlord of the property because it is unlikely that the dog owner has any insurance to fall back on. Being ghetto has more costs than we as a society are willing to acknowledge.

I remember before Pit-bulls, it was Dobermans and Rotties, and before that it was German Shepherds. It's all how a dog is raised, there are good and bad in all breeds. Pit-bulls just happened to be the choice of today.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links