carrying at DMV

carrying at DMV

This is a discussion on carrying at DMV within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It has been quite a while since I have had to go to a DMV. But I just bought / rescued my sons Harley, so ...

Thread: carrying at DMV

carrying at DMV

It has been quite a while since I have had to go to a DMV. But I just bought / rescued my sons Harley, so I had to make a personal trip. I now know why we have to leave our guns outside. After 4 1/2 frustrating hours I honestly believe I may have shot somebody behind those counters. The varying levels of incompetance and blatent ignorance of the law and public (DMV web page) knowledge was beyond absolutely amazing. I thought you had to have a high school education to work for the government, but I guess not.
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

which DMV? the one on n. decatur was a breeze and a pleasure to go to.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Nowadays, a high school diploma doesn't mean as much as it did before "no child left behind."

I feel your pain...I think they purposely try to find the most ignorant stupid people to work at these places.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

if you think the DMV is incompetent and inefficient...can you imagine universal health care? for sure, we would love to carry in hospitals.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

In Missouri most of the drivers license offices are private vendors working under contract for the State DMV.

Saves money for the state, but sometimes you get real idiots working there.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead45 View Post
    It has been quite a while since I have had to go to a DMV. But I just bought / rescued my sons Harley, so I had to make a personal trip. I now know why we have to leave our guns outside. After 4 1/2 frustrating hours I honestly believe I may have shot somebody behind those counters. The varying levels of incompetance and blatent ignorance of the law and public (DMV web page) knowledge was beyond absolutely amazing. I thought you had to have a high school education to work for the government, but I guess not.

I think it's the same everywhere. I've done mine online before, but this last month that wasn't possible with changing counties and all. I'd rather take a good caning than go through that again...if I'd have known 85 people were in line, I'd have gone in, took my number and then went to the courthouse which by the way won't accept cash....only a money order! Got to be a better way.

Your courthouse won't accept cash? Oh I would be outraged!! It says right on it "Legal tender for all public and private deeds" or something like that....
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Your courthouse won't accept cash? Oh I would be outraged!! It says right on it "Legal tender for all public and private deeds" or something like that....

The "family" of DMV workers.

My wife firmly believes that all DMV employees,everywhere in the world,are genetically related.
    You fill in the rest of the concept yourselves.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

The state of Virginia passed a law preventing .gov agencies from prohibiting the open or concealed lawful carry of a handgun. I carry in the DMV every time I go. And any time I carry in a .gov office I open carry, just to remind the public servants that the people maintain the spirit of resistance.-Jay

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I know what you mean. I go to the W Flamingo branch, and I used to have to stand in that long line. I say used to, because I finally found an advantage to being handicapped (I have severe arthritis and spinal stenosis in my lumbar spine. I have chronic pain, and I have handicapped plates). Because of this, I can use the handicapped line. I had to go to the DMV last month, to register my new car (well, new to ME- a 2007 Taurus). I had one of the plates from my totalled 1997 Pontiac Firebird, and used that to allow Me to go to the handicapped line. There was one person in font of me, and I had to wait all of 2 minutes to be called up to the first window, where I got my ticket to be called up to the window where I could get my plates. When I sat down, I looked up at the board showing the current numbers being served. I saw that the number before mine was already being served, which made me next! My number was called, in maybe 3-4 minutes, and I paid for my plates, getting another set of handicapped plates. I checked the time when I left, and it took 22 minutes from start to finish! Now, I would gladly trade having pain every day, and taking enough narcotics daily to pit the average person in a coma, for not having the pain and waiting in line. I really wish they would come up out with spine transplants! I sure know a number of people who could use one ...there's me, my wife who also has chronic back pain ( spine fracture 30 years ago, and struck by a car while riding her bike to work 8-9 years ago), and of course, most of the Republican members of congress could use one as well!

This is one area where New York state has improved things.

It used to be a HORRIBLE thing to need to go to the DMV. They have since implemented a system where things work pretty well - as long as you get a competent person handling your processing.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    My wife firmly believes that all DMV employees,everywhere in the world,are genetically related.
    You fill in the rest of the concept yourselves.
    Actually,to be very honest,when I first registered my car and got a D/L after moving to FL,the service was prompt and courteous and I even got the D/L on the spot.
    They even have a computerized system to make appointments in advance.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Links