UPS really does deliver

UPS really does deliver

This is a discussion on UPS really does deliver within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; UPS driver gets special, final delivery Sun Jul 27, 2:59 AM ET Jeff Hornagold loved being a UPS driver. So when the suburban Chicago man ...

Thread: UPS really does deliver

UPS really does deliver

UPS driver gets special, final delivery Sun Jul 27, 2:59 AM ET

Jeff Hornagold loved being a UPS driver.

So when the suburban Chicago man died this week of lung cancer, longtime co-worker Michael McGowan agreed to take him on one last delivery.

McGowan transported Hornagold's body from Davenport Family Funeral Home to Saturday's funeral services in his UPS truck.

McGowan says he plans to keep a picture of Hornagold in his truck until he retires so that they can keep riding together.

Hornagold was a UPS driver for 20 years, and his wife Judy Hornagold described him as "just the happiest UPS man alive."

She says the special delivery was the perfect tribute.

___
    I think this is great when a coworker will go the extra mile to pay tribute to a fallen comrade
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think this is great when a coworker will go the extra mile to pay tribute to a fallen comrade
    And the company backs it! seems rare anymore. Good on them and seemingly fitting.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Wow.... most companies anymore wouldn't let anyone use Company owned vehicles, and would have charged for the gas too.

Good for UPS, and more so.... to the coworker.

We had a guy go for an ambulance ride last Thursday.... he didn't make it out of the parking lot alive. Died of a heart attack. Seems we have a lot of people dropping from heart issues... due to the stress.

Good for UPS.

I wonder if their biggest rival, FedEx would have done the same for one of their drivers?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    Neat story.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A good friend of mine older brother who was in the towing business pasted away at 23 years old and he always said. "If we are still in the towing business when I die I want to be taken to the cemetery on the black of my flatbed. So after a beautiful service, we carried him outside and placed him on the flatbed. I took 2 cargo straps and strapped him down and with the limo and the rest of the precession behind us, we went out the cemetery and laid him to rest.

Great Post!!!

Sponsored Links