Is this firefighteer wearing a firearm??? - Page 2

Is this firefighteer wearing a firearm???

This is a discussion on Is this firefighteer wearing a firearm??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HotGuns I blew the picture up to 400 percent. It is a Glock. It also appears that he is a cop, perhaps ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this firefighteer wearing a firearm???

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I blew the picture up to 400 percent.

It is a Glock. It also appears that he is a cop, perhaps part of the Sheriffs Office. His hat has a star on the front with some writing in the back, his name perhaps.

He is wearing a uniform shirt, the lapel is visible. Also, looking at the sweat pattern and the familiar hump along his back, I'd say he is wearing a vest also.
    Absolutely agree. I did the samething. He is definitely an LEO, not a firefighter. I would also guess it to be a Glock.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    My $0.02...

I don't see a star or coveralls. It looks like a light blue uniform shirt to me (you can see a right-hand breast pocket on it). I don't know from nuthin' about sweat stains from body armor, either. I think that looks like a fireman's jacket tied to his waist. That makes me suspect this might be the fire chief; in a lot of municipalities, the fire chief can be authorized to carry a gun.

Also, not being much of a Glock person, I though the backstrap of the grip looked like the more gentle curve of a SIG. (It also looks like there is a logo horizontally across the grip, the way SIG embeds the model number in their stock grip panels.) So, I'd bet on P229...but not a whole lot!

But it is definitely a boom-stick.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Looks like a Glock grip to me also... Not sure how it is pertinent.

Lots of jurisdictions it is acceptable to carry a weapon.

If he is a Fire Marshall then it is expected he may have a gun as he also has police powers and powers of arrest.

In my state there are no statutes prohibiting guns carried on ambulances. However most services do have a no weapons policy, that is the extent of it. I have worked places where one of our part time EMT's was also a police officer and he often times had a Ruger SP-101 when he was off duty and needed to respond on the ambulance.

Probably same goes with fire departments. If the chief is ok with it, then it's allowed.

While I agree, it may not be "the norm" in most places, it is not unheard of. Especially like I stated earlier with the position of Fire Marshall or other Arson Investigators.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I blew the picture up to 400 percent.

It is a Glock. It also appears that he is a cop, perhaps part of the Sheriffs Office. His hat has a star on the front with some writing in the back, his name perhaps.

He is wearing a uniform shirt, the lapel is visible. Also, looking at the sweat pattern and the familiar hump along his back, I'd say he is wearing a vest also.
    Yep, it's a Glock grip. No doubt about it. And I agree that he appears to be a LEO not a FireFighter.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Sure looks like the grip of a gun to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    My $0.02...

I don't see a star or coveralls. It looks like a light blue uniform shirt to me (you can see a right-hand breast pocket on it). I don't know from nuthin' about sweat stains from body armor, either. I think that looks like a fireman's jacket tied to his waist. That makes me suspect this might be the fire chief; in a lot of municipalities, the fire chief can be authorized to carry a gun.
    If by "fireman's jacket" you mean regular bunker gear, it won't be so lightweight so as to be able to be tied at the waist. Bunker gear is heavy duty and has to be able to withstand abrasion, extensive wear and tear, and extreme heat, all while protecting the occupant. It it was a fireman's jacket, why would he be in a baseball cap? If he had time to put away his helmet and get a cap, he had time to stow his bunker gear, no?

Given that it is summer in Texas, he isn't wearing a light jacket to keep warm. The only reason why it would still be around the waist is because it is part of coveralls and is still being worn.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Looks like a gun. Prob a cop IMHO.
    I'll venture it's a cop whose 'striped' down his HAZMAT coveralls.
    That's certinaly a Glock.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Looks like a Glock to me too. Maybe he is a public safety officer, both a LEO and a FF?
    God bless our troops!

I don't know what else it would be. Good for him.
    t2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    If by "fireman's jacket" you mean regular bunker gear, it won't be so lightweight so as to be able to be tied at the waist.
    I think a previous post said better was I was thinking---fire marshall. It just seems the light blue shirt and the light colored jacket to me look more like a fire marshall than a cop and, as was pointed out, a marshall may also have police powers. Since the shirt seems still to be tucked in, that would make it an OWB holster covered up by the jacket tied at the waist. I was not thinking that the heavy-duty bunker gear could be tied at the waist, no. I just didn't say that very well.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Actually, Edna police, fire, street, and wastewater workers all have blue shirts....

HOWEVER....

The person in the picture is Buster Chase, Director of EMS for Edna ... and Fire Marshall (good call).

Victoria Advocate - Ambulance wreck

He is also an LEO and attended the Victoria Police Academy.
    Welcome to City of Edna - Public Safety

If you still think it is a jacket tied at the waist, then check the video at the above site. It would appear that the jacket is indeed coveralls.

A little time and a lot of googling and many issues can be resolved, even if they are insignificant, LOL.

Yeah, sorry I didn't have the spunk to resolve this sooner. And there you have it...
    Last edited by Double Naught Spy; July 31st, 2008 at 09:42 PM.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links