Fitness/Workout programs

Fitness/Workout programs

This is a discussion on Fitness/Workout programs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know its been brought up before btu we have a lot of new members .. So what do you do to stay in shape ...

Thread: Fitness/Workout programs

Fitness/Workout programs

I know its been brought up before btu we have a lot of new members ..

So what do you do to stay in shape any tips trying to dump off 30#'s myself

Been doing some exercise froma combat conditioning book btu looks for other stuff too

Lead Moderator
    Eating right and weight lifting/biking for me. I am just trying to tone up, keep the fat off. Seems harder to lose it , than keep it off. Good luck all.

Assistant Administrator
    Very lax about this!! My aching old body is not keen on too much of many things - or it shouts back and says stop - at least the low back can.

I do get around quite a lot so I guess walking helps but as I have mentioned before I think, I have (and have had for much of my life, since Mono back in late 60's) a major stamina lack - nothing but nothing gets that improved.

I depend on explosive actions - and then my strength is still good - I am more the power lifter let's say than the multi-rep's approach! Too long tho and I fade fast! In a ''situation'', I will have to be decisive and fast - after that I will be screwed.

So - try to eat reasonable and am lucky to stay around my 200 - 210# region - the ''luxury real estate zone'' is not too pronounced and seems to stay under control with no real effort. Wife has no complaints

I should do more - but heck - 60 is gettin' ''up there''
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

i gotta do something at 294 im way outta shape deff build for comfort not speed

Try walking a few miles everyday, somewhere where their is hills or steps is ideal. If your joints can handle it work yourself up to jogging, then running. If jogging/running is to much for your body, don't worry. Walking at a brisk pace wont wear on your joints, and some say the benefits between jogging and walking is marginal.
    If your going to "hit the iron" do more than 12 reps, with 5 sets at a low weight. Heavy weight, with low reps, and sets will build more bulk.

Try to find a workout partner. Having a partner will keep you more disciplined, and working out alone is boring. Motivation is a huge factor, when working out.

Eat food that has the right amount of protine and carbs, and fat, of corse frute and vegies(at 294 you want to eat 4073 calories 241grams protine, 81grams of fat, 573 grams carbs) . "dieting" is bad when your working out. you need energy to keep up with your workout program. Like Rocky said "eat right". I had a ex-girlfrein who was oing to school as a nutritinist. I learned alot about propor dieting from her.

A year ago I bought a book called "The Mens Health HARD BODY PLAN" Its a very good book for geting in shape.

I think consistancy is key here. If you have been in a rut for a while, any physical exersize and nutrition plan will yield results, you just have to commit to it. Lifting weights is a great way believe it or not to lose excess fat. Better many will agree, than running or jogging because when you lift, you are getting your heart rate up pretty good just doing that (if you are intense), the added benefit is the fact that lifting weights raises your metabolism for long after you've finished whereas with cardio activities, you're pretty much only losing when you're hurting. I would say if it's purely for cosmetic reasons, lifting weights is your best bet. You'll add some muscle mass and lose more fat than you think. Running is only really good if you need to build up your aerobic capability to run more, other than that it's hard on the joints, it's boring, and it just plain sucks. In other words, if you don't really need to run, don't. For a 'beginner' (you haven't picked up a barbell in over 6 months), two total body workouts per week should be all you need to start seeing results within 4 to 6 weeks (that's right, only 8-12 workouts and you WILL notice a difference) Take before pictures - no sucking it in, and compare it in 6 weeks to new pictures. When you lift, concentrate on exercises that use large ammounts of muscle, stay away from isolation exercises. Some of the best exercises to build power, strength, muscle size, and lose weight are going to be squats, dead lifts, cleans, bench presses, dips, and chin-ups (or a lat bar). Reason being these all use many of your core muscles along with the largest muscle groups in your body. Try to stick to free weights over machines because you'll use more core and stabilizing muscles. Alright, it's quarter to five in the morning, and I'm getting sleepy, so I'm going to have to sign off for now, hope this helps!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Conceal This.

Alright, it's quarter to five in the morning, and I'm getting sleepy,
    Glad too see Im not the only one who keeps odd hours .

Security work stinks sometimes, eh? Stay safe out there man.

Sponsored Links