Anyone have a blog?

Anyone have a blog?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a blog? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just started one, kinda neat. Great way for others to stay in touch I guess. Anyone else? jeepinjoe.blogspot.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a blog?

Anyone have a blog?

I just started one, kinda neat. Great way for others to stay in touch I guess. Anyone else?

jeepinjoe.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by What the? View Post
    I just started one, kinda neat. Great way for others to stay in touch I guess. Anyone else?

jeepinjoe.blogspot.com
    We have a forum set up, but I can't seem to get much of the family interested. Even our food ministry volunteers won't log in.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

I have considered it, but I am not sure that anyone would want to know what goes on inside my melon.

I have thought about putting one up and listing out all the things that make me mad, many of which I can't go in to since we have a rule on no political posts, but if you have read any of my previous posts you should be able to figure me out somewhat.

You know what, I think I will set one up this weekend. I'll call it "Therapy for an angry conservative" or something along those lines.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

With the forum approach vs the blog. The forum can be set up in layers just like DC is. The general user will never see what goes on the background.

In ours I have several layers. One that only volunteers can get into, a whole section for family stuff that only family can see or get to. Then there's the stuff that everyone can get to.

Pros and cons

The blog is free and easy to set up. Usually whoever is sponsoring the blog does all the upgrades and such.

The forum is a little harder and you have to have a host, but if I can figure it out anyone can. There are many different forum scripts out there, some free some not. With a forum you have to do your own upgrades.

Come to think of it, I have seen some sponsors that give you a free forum and host it for you as well. My issue with that has always been that it can disappear on you anytime, I guess a free blog could too. Usually on the free stuff there is usually some kind of advertising going on as well.

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I have considered it, but I am not sure that anyone would want to know what goes on inside my melon.

I have thought about putting one up and listing out all the things that make me mad, many of which I can't go in to since we have a rule on no political posts, but if you have read any of my previous posts you should be able to figure me out somewhat.

You know what, I think I will set one up this weekend. I'll call it "Therapy for an angry conservative" or something along those lines.
    Ha, well send me the link when you do, and I'll add you to my blog list.

If you do, I'm pretty sure that you can cure them with good antibiotics these days......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    Come to think of it, I have seen some sponsors that give you a free forum and host it for you as well. My issue with that has always been that it can disappear on you anytime, I guess a free blog could too. Usually on the free stuff there is usually some kind of advertising going on as well.

Holdcard
    blogspot.com is free, and hosted by Google. Also there are no ads.

I don't have the time for hosting a forum, I just like the blog since it's as easy as sending an email. My family/friends are spread out all over the world, so it works well for me.

I will host my own since I have my own site, that I don't use anymore since I found out as a self employed consultant I don't get along with my boss and went back to work for "the man".
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I will host my own since I have my own site, that I don't use anymore since I found out as a self employed consultant I don't get along with my boss and went back to work for "the man".
    Yep, yours will definitely be interesting.

Holdcard

Quote Originally Posted by What the? View Post
    blogspot.com is free, and hosted by Google. Also there are no ads.

I don't have the time for hosting a forum, I just like the blog since it's as easy as sending an email. My family/friends are spread out all over the world, so it works well for me.
    I've never done a blog, but I can imagine it being pretty easy to maintain and post to. Can you actually email in your blog posts?

I know there are (or at least used to be) scripts that let you email in your posts. Google is pretty good and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they had something like this set up.

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    I've never done a blog, but I can imagine it being pretty easy to maintain and post to. Can you actually email in your blog posts?

I know there are (or at least used to be) scripts that let you email in your posts. Google is pretty good and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they had something like this set up.

Holdcard
    You bet. And I've even taken a picture and posted it from my camera phone. All built in, easy, and free.

Sort of. I have one that I run so that relatives can log in and look at, download & print photos - after logging in. The Blog is almost a front.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I have a blog at townhall.com so I can rant about political issues and expose other conservatives to 2A issues.
    |
    |
    |
    \/
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I just registered yesterday with blogspot. Still getting it set up, need to author the first post. Mine will be kind of a personal journal, recording my journey from unfit and fat to an athletic Mr. Fitness type. Hope to gain and give motivational support, tips and wisdom pertaining to Fitness. Should be up this week.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    See if your webhost has Wordpress installed with the service. I have my own domain and run Wordpress in it. Easy as heck once you read Wordpress for Dummies!

Seeds???
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    I'd scare the crap out of people if I let the stuff that swim around in my head out, plus I don't think my fingers or keyboard could keep up. If you think I'm bad here... you ain't seen nothing!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links