Password Program

This is a discussion on Password Program within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone have a password program they would recommend? Everyplace you go now you have to log in. With my bank and such sometimes you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Password Program

Password Program

Does anyone have a password program they would recommend? Everyplace you go now you have to log in. With my bank and such sometimes you have to play 20 questions just to prove you're you.

I'd like to find something inexpensive or free that will remember the passwords and all the other stuff in the verification questions. Would be even better if it would insert them automatically.

Firefox's password keeper works pretty good most of the time, but more and more sites are coding their sites not to allow browsers to capture your password etc.

Thanks,

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

2. Remove Ads

I like Roboform a lot. It syncs with my palm (with other devices also) so i have my passwords with me and for web browsing.

For web browsing I use Firefox and let it fill in the logons and passwords. It does a much better job than Internet Explorer at remembering passwords, very rarely do I have to remember these.

I made a WORD document that contains all my passwords. I named it something no one would look at. When I can't remember a password, I just look at that .doc
    Works for me.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    There is a USB plug-in that will hold all of your passwords in memory. It works off of biometrics and takes your fingerprint. Supposedly it works really well.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I use Yes its Free - Freeware download Site - it is open source and portable. You can stick in on a thumb drive or something and access it from any computer.

Also allows for management or password types. A folder for work, one for banking, etc.
    Nill illigitimi carborundum
    -----------------------------
    Captain von Trapp: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt, Herr Zeller, that you will be the entire trumpet section.
    Herr Zeller: You flatter me, Captain.
    Captain von Trapp: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

I use pwsafe, Password Safe and I have to remember passwords for sites, swithces, routers, PBX, servers, etc and they have all been safe for me.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    For web browsing I use Firefox and let it fill in the logons and passwords. It does a much better job than Internet Explorer at remembering passwords, very rarely do I have to remember these.
    But that is not secure, all your passwords are in then open.

key wallet doky desing but works great

KeyWallet - Free Password Manager

I've been using Password Magic for years, with no problems. Works great:

Password Manager - Password Magic Software, Automatic Form Filling, Automatic Web Login, Secure Password Storage
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Philman already mentioned roboform. I have been using it for about 5 years and it is great. I used the free version for a while and then bought the Pro version for my computer at work and at home. Upgrades are free with the purchase. It offers a number of other good features and has good encryption.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philman View Post
    But that is not secure, all your passwords are in then open.
    Firefox uses a master password to encrypt your stored form info. IE does not.

And for those people who keep passwords in a simple file, you should really invest in some crypto software. Encrypt the text file you use to save your info, then at least you are down to one password to remember.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Id recommend roboform. Nothing really comes close to comparison and its easy to backup your passwords.

While its not free, it is worth the price tag. There ways to get it for free but I wont get into that.

Can't rember where I saw it but it was a random number generator tht goes on your key chain and your homeputer is running the same numbers and you have 10 seconds between flips to sign onto with just the number on key fob.

Talking

It's called Keychain. It's included free with Mac OS X.

Oh, you meant a program that you can buy for Windows? Sorry...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links