Found my new SHTF vehicle!

Found my new SHTF vehicle!

This is a discussion on Found my new SHTF vehicle! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These guys are officially on my cool list. Gives a whole new meaning to off-road vehicle. Video Demonstration || The Martin Jet Pack...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Found my new SHTF vehicle!

These guys are officially on my cool list.
    Gives a whole new meaning to off-road vehicle.

Video Demonstration || The Martin Jet Pack
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I thought that was pretty cool if it works to theoretical specs. I could definitely use one around the hood.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I thought that was pretty cool if it works to theoretical specs. I could definitely use one around the hood.
    The fact that they can get it a good 2 or 3 feet off the ground and actually do controlled manuevers for a demo is better than all the other jetpack "manufacturers" have been able to come up with to date (with the exception of the hydrogen peroxide powered one that bell came up with back in '61 (but it could only fly for 26 seconds).

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Stupid FAA making all kinds of silly regulations...5 gallon tank max, and it uses 10 gallons per hour...That gives you just about enough time to get up to their maximum estimated 8000 feet altitude, and then you would get a chance to test the parachute.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

It can go about 30 miles on a 5 gallon tank of gas ,even my jeep gets better gas mileage
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The thing is production seems affordable, although affordable is a relative term.

Interesting for use as a novel way to get to work if you're only going a couple miles.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The thing is production seems affordable, although affordable is a relative term.

Interesting for use as a novel way to get to work if you're only going a couple miles.
    A $100 grand is affordable for a jet pack? I can find numerous other things to spend a $100K on. Not to mention the first time there is a malfunction you're likely dead as you will drop like a rock. Hope when it does you are only 2-3 feet of the ground like the video.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    You could buy three Cessna 172s for 100 grand.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I said, affordable is a relative term.... I ain't spending $100k on a motorcycle either, which is what they compared it to... "A high end motorcycle or car!"
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Affordable is relative, and you can't land a cessna at work/most homes.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

oh yeah..this is a good idea..only those with the money and helicopter flying time will be able to have one..anyone else will be left without and/or killed
    "Brains before Bullets"

I'm wondering what the two guys running along side are hoping to do should something go wrong. If he falls out of the sky I don't think they'd be able to help him much.
    Better to die quick, fighting on your feet;
    Than to live forever, begging on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Spenser View Post
    I'm wondering what the two guys running along side are hoping to do should something go wrong. If he falls out of the sky I don't think they'd be able to help him much.
    Actually...I checked the tech specs on their site... Practically the entire unit is fabricated from carbon fiber. The heaviest parts are the engine and the person in the seat. Even parts of the engine are practically "weightless" in relative terms.

As to the flying requirements...supposedly they won't deliver a unit to you without going through their own training sessions first.

-The Mist (2007)

The design was inspired by experiments done by some good ol boys using beans and a Bic.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

With two ducted fan engines it is no jet pack, 100K and you still need two kids to run along side, that and the thing makes enough noise that you could hear it coming at 1/2 mile.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links