Carry in all 50 states?

Carry in all 50 states?

This is a discussion on Carry in all 50 states? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If there was a course offered to CCW's that you could take that would you allow you to legally carry in all 50 states ( ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry in all 50 states?

Question Carry in all 50 states?

If there was a course offered to CCW's that you could take that would you allow you to legally carry in all 50 states ( HR 218 ) how much would you be willing to pay for the privilege? If such a course ever could exist. For how many years should the carry permit valid for ? How much for renewal ?

150 for 5 years is about my tops for initial application...75 for a renewal sounds about right.

But then again, I would expect half price or free for veterans.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I had to post this in the off topic and humor. To the mods if their is a better place please move and delete this reply only. To the members of DC please answer the question as if it could happen.

$500 and good for life.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    The problem with that is all 50 states would have to recognize the same carry laws regarding firearms carry. That might be detrimental to some states such as Florida, Texas, Arizone Utah and others that have good carry/defense laws.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Assumption is that the Federal CCW was the same as a Federal carry permit (FBI, or any other TLA).

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    $500 and good for life.
    That would be cost prohibitive to a lot of people...perhaps if they allowed it to be paid out over time it would be acceptable.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I see a lot of posts that say the problem with a nation wide CCW is that it would “step” on Sates Rights and all states would need to recognize the same CCW laws which would be bad for the more “CCW friendly” states.

I am not sure I follow this line of thought, please help me. Why would each state not be able to regulate CCW for themselves just like they do for driving? Your Driving License is recognized in every state, yet the laws are not all uniform. In some states you can turn right on a red light, in others you can not. In some states you can tint your front windshield, in some you can not. The driving test is different from state top state. The requirements for renewal very from state to state.

Why would having a mandatory nationwide reciprocity prevent each individual state from regulating where you could or could not carry within that state? Why would it impact what a state requires for its residents to qualify for a permit/license? After all, the states that currently have reciprocity do not all have the same CCW requirements or laws even though the recognize each others CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    Assumption is that the Federal CCW was the same as a Federal carry permit (FBI, or any other TLA).
    Yes what would that be worthto a CCW ? Are you LEO?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    That would be cost prohibitive to a lot of people...perhaps if they allowed it to be paid out over time it would be acceptable.
    Understood but what would you pay? If it was 1000.00 for life? Payable over 10 years? Would if hold intrest for you?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    I see a lot of posts that say the problem with a nation wide CCW is that it would “step” on Sates Rights and all states would need to recognize the same CCW laws which would be bad for the more “CCW friendly” states.

I am not sure I follow this line of thought, please help me. Why would each state not be able to regulate CCW for themselves just like they do for driving? Your Driving License is recognized in every state, yet the laws are not all uniform. In some states you can turn right on a red light, in others you can not. In some states you can tint your front windshield, in some you can not. The driving test is different from state top state. The requirements for renewal very from state to state.

Why would having a mandatory nationwide reciprocity prevent each individual state from regulating where you could or could not carry within that state? Why would it impact what a state requires for its residents to qualify for a permit/license? After all, the states that currently have reciprocity do not all have the same CCW requirements or laws even though the recognize each others CCW.
    Forget all that for 1 minute. I am going to hand you a nation wide CCW card valdi in all 50 states? what is that worth to you? How long should it be good for 4-5 years? How much for renewal? Payable over time or 1 time payment?

No more that $200.00 payable upon application. Good for 5 years.

I personall think that all military veterans should be given this free of charge, like my state drivers license. It was issued to me in Jan. 2006 and its good until Sept. 2027. Its actually good for the rest of my life, but in 2027 I have to show up for a picture update and vision test.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I think my AR chl should be good in all 50 states..no need to spend any more money just to fill another coffer
    "Brains before Bullets"

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I think my AR chl should be good in all 50 states..no need to spend any more money just to fill another coffer
    Understood and agreed

So you would be willing to wait on maybe one day that your AR is good? Or how much would you be willing to pay today!

So far there hve been 103 views 8 post please put in your .02 cents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links