Is there such a thing in Cali?

This is a discussion on Is there such a thing in Cali? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, in a last desperate attempt to save my marriage I got my husband to take up cigars. Back in France I used to smoke ...

Thread: Is there such a thing in Cali?

Is there such a thing in Cali?

Well, in a last desperate attempt to save my marriage I got my husband to take up cigars. Back in France I used to smoke (don't look so shocked guys) cigars. We had private clubs or meetings if you want where members swapped cigars, stories and just had a really good time.

I have not seen such a thing and I seem to be unable to find somewhat of the same. I find lounges where you can go in and have a cigar but that is not quite what I am looking for.

It is more of a members club that had meetings, events, courses, small trips and stuff like that as well. Does anyone know what I mean and want?!

Is there such a thing in the area of San Francisco, LA to San Diego?

2. Remove Ads

We used to have several cigar lounges in the Seattle area but now it's illegal to smoke in or within 25 feet of the entrance or window of a commercial building. They've since dried up, which is too bad because even though I didn't usually puff a cigar I could always find good scotch there. If CA hasn't made it illegal as we did here in WA then you should be able to find one.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

There's a nice little cigar shop in San Clemente - pretty far south if you're in San Francisco, and I don't know if they have meetings or trips or anything - I doubt it - but the owner is a pretty laid back guy. Every time I went in there he was on the back porch barbequeing up some fish.

Based on the fact that I've never heard of what you're describing, I'd guess it doesn't exist. That doesn't mean you couldn't start a club though!

Austin

I think any counsler would suggest doing the things that got you two together in the first place. Go on a date with your husband/wife. Flowers, Candy, Movies, Gun range, Gun store, Some new ammo. A leather holster, A dab of gun cleaning solution behind the ears and wrists. Spice it up a little. My suggestion would be one week go the gun store and mix it up the following week by going to the range. You go girl.

VIP Member
    I don't smoke or live near California so I can't really help out on a cigar place. They were pretty popular several years back. Good luck on finding something that will work. How about join a dinner club, or wine appreciation group, take dance lessons, learn to shoot skeet.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Pick up a copy of Cigar Aficionado Magazine and look through the ads.... You might find a club in your area. Even better, get him a subscription to the magazine. You can even request a free trial issue at the link I provided.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links