Criminal Search engine - Page 2

Criminal Search engine

This is a discussion on Criminal Search engine within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MadDog Wasn't this tool found to be a fraud?! I don't think its a fraud, I just search the area I work ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Criminal Search engine

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Wasn't this tool found to be a fraud?!
    I don't think its a fraud, I just search the area I work and I of course know most of the dirtbags in the area, and a lot of them show up on this search; no where near all of them, but a lot of 'em. I'd have to say its not all that accurate.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I am to say that it is at a minimum, highly inaccurate or very suspicious.

This in my neighborhood and the names in red were added by me to indicate landmarks.

And I do not have even ONE parking ticket and I know for sure we don't have and underwater laboratory in the lake with a possible lawbreaker in it.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

You have to take exact locations with a grain of salt, mainly because of GPS data. I own two GPS units, neither one can properly locate my house.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

joe thanks for the post great info

VIP Member
    Interesting, but inaccurate in my area. I don't want to give details about where I live, but there are a couple of registered sex offenders in a nearby neighborhood, and a few other problem types a couple of miles away. None of these folks appear in this tool. Funny thing too, all of the offenders they do show come back as having commited their respective crimes in various Florida jurisdictions (not my state).

I for one am skeptical of the validity and accuracy of the site.

While this particular one isn't shown, Snopes does have FelonSpy listed as a bogus site of this nature.

snopes.com: FelonSpy
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

I do know one thing this site is not accurate, i put my own name in there has the address where i lived 7 yrs ago and has me down with a traffic infraction that doesn't exsist so i would have to question its accuracy.

Sex offenders and traffic violations will be the most available information on the internet for free. Those public records are more than available and for good reason. Any other misdemeanor, or ex-convict information will be somewhat protected for obvious reasons. Here is a good search by zip code to help you protect your children.
    National Alert Registry - Home
    Well, there are other good ones out there that are free, you'll just have to search. It really is something to see so many organizations closing the doors on public information and making a profit from it...makes me sick.

If you look around most of this info is out there and available. USDOJ: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
    FDLE has a Florida list. Obtaining Criminal History Information
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Distinguished Member
    I looked up some of the bullies from my grade school and junior high days. I didn't find them all, but located some of them. Unfortunately, I also found one of my junior high friends.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The earlier site posted (which might have been FelonSpy) seemed to be basically random data.

The fact that SIXTO can find specific cases is a plus for this one. As for the post about Florida convictions even though he lives in a different state, well, that might just be because the Florida data are easier to come by than your home state's conviction records. Mind you, I am still not sold on this one, but it seems to have something going for it...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I thought it was pretty good site...I cross refrence it at the sheriff's office and it was dead on for my area.......

Seems like a good way for someone to collect addresses for targeted marking.

-JT

Compared this site with FDLE's sex offenders and it was right.

Well, it's an authentic site... it's just a hit and miss as to the accuracy. Like SIXTO, I have found a lot of known criminals listed in my neighborhood and their offenses listed are accurate and fairly current.

However there is a guy I know for a fact is currently finishing up a 3 year sentence in the penitentiary who is not listed on the map. He's been in and out of the pen at least 4 times and has resided in the same house for at least 10 - 12 years. His wife is still living there. If anyone should be listed on the map, he should be, but he's not.

I also have found known criminals listed on the map, but I know they aren't currently living there. Some of the cases are real up to date as in burglary & drug charges as recent as March of this year. Still has not been disposed of.

So, it is a real database, you just can not rely on how accurate it is.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links