Eat up...you're going to be fat anyway

This is a discussion on Eat up...you're going to be fat anyway within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm still looking for a Dr. that says chili dogs are health food. I too am getting back in to the game, will start Tae ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eat up...you're going to be fat anyway

I'm still looking for a Dr. that says chili dogs are health food.

I too am getting back in to the game, will start Tae Kwon Do in about a week, and fully expect it to kick my butt. I am not overly fat, 6' 230 Lbs and carry it well, but I get winded when I go up a flight of stairs.

The hardest part for me is that freaking box of Corn Puffs calls my name around Midnight, it is a loud voice too.

Not to mention I HATE vegetables, there are only like 5 I will eat and that can cause problems with any diet routine.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I'm still looking for a Dr. that says chili dogs are health food.

I too am getting back in to the game, will start Tae Kwon Do in about a week, and fully expect it to kick my butt. I am not overly fat, 6' 230 Lbs and carry it well, but I get winded when I go up a flight of stairs.

The hardest part for me is that freaking box of Corn Puffs calls my name around Midnight, it is a loud voice too.

Not to mention I HATE vegetables, there are only like 5 I will eat and that can cause problems with any diet routine.
    try V8 - they have these fruit/veggie mixups...they are actually very good.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    There is an addendum to the David in FL plan......it does get a little complicated, but I know that DC members represent a much higher level of intelligence than most of the rest of society, so I'll add it here........

In addition to losing weight if you burn more calories than you consume, you will also lose weight if you consume fewer calories than you burn.

I may have to refer to that as the Shizzlemah (or twinkie) addendum going forward!
    Heh I always wanted to be an addendum.

I cut out all soda, all sweets, and cut back on portions. 30+lbs easy as pie. Oh, Pie... MMMMmmmmmm !!!!

One question for those who lost weight. Did you change the way your kids eat too? If you did, how hard was it to get them to eat healthier?

I am raising my child (hope to have another) twinkieless. We literally do not have sugar in our house. If we want to make a cake for a birthday, for example, we have to go to the store. My diet has changed SIGNIFICANTLY in the last 3 years. i used to eat at McDonalds EVERY day for dinner (working in patrol does that to ya!). I made the change so that I can be there to see my daughter grow up. Good luck you guys.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    I am raising my child (hope to have another) twinkieless. We literally do not have sugar in our house. If we want to make a cake for a birthday, for example, we have to go to the store. My diet has changed SIGNIFICANTLY in the last 3 years. i used to eat at McDonalds EVERY day for dinner (working in patrol does that to ya!). I made the change so that I can be there to see my daughter grow up. Good luck you guys.
    Good job starting your's off with as little sugar as possible! Hopefully your child won't develop a craving for unhealthy junk later.

If I had been raising my niece from day one I probably wouldn't have this problem. Part of it is being 28 and trying to raise a 14yr old. I've only had her for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    darn! i was hoping for a govt. bailout of this one!!!!
    You mean like free liposuction?

All U.S. adults could be overweight in 40 years
    Other than turning our minds into jello through our youth, the media, and T.V., that's just another one of their plans. That's why health food costs more than junk food. You've got to see the big picture. The FDA? They're a government agency----you didn't think they would be looking out for your best interests above the government's did you? I used to think they were concerned about making Americans live longer in order to pay taxes for a longer period of time. Now, it's just like a retail store and customer satisfaction-------if you don't like the way things are...there are twelve people behind you that would pay to get bad advice. Who do you think they cater to anyway? The next dollar. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    One question for those who lost weight. Did you change the way your kids eat too? If you did, how hard was it to get them to eat healthier?
    We did. It wasn't easy at first but after a few weeks, they too lost the urge to eat crap. Now, they ask for salads with dinner. They want baked skinless chicken breasts and veggies for dinner.
    And when we tell them that we are going to eat out and we ask for suggestions where we should go, we always get 2 or 3 votes for Subway, or a similar restaurant that serves a more healthy menu.

Now, none of them (we have 5) ask for fried foods. They hardly ask for sweets and when they do it is usually frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, or another less unhealthy alternative sweet.
    We have severely cut back their soda intake and the wife and I have just stopped drinking it for the most part. I do still have a diet Coke from time to time but is is very seldom. I drink about a gallon and a half or more of water per day. If you just drink a lot of COLD water every day, you will lose weight just from that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by freethead View Post
    You mean like free liposuction?

maybe, but if the govt. does it, my wallet may be lipo'd, not my chubs.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

All I needed to do was watch the movie "Supersize Me" and that put an end to our fast food runs.

I am blessed that my kids like broccoli, for the life of me I can't understand this, but they do. They eat fruit all the time too.

One thing that did it for me in fast food is the frustration I get with the language barrier, and then having to explain how they messed up my double meat, double cheese bacon chili burger. It is much easier to just go to a regular restaurant to eat. One problem I have is I LOVE Asian food, from Chinese to Indian and everywhere in between.

I may try the V8 again, I'm sure they have improved the taste since last time I had it. I know one issue with that is in drinking your fruit and veggies like that you don't get the fiber from the pulp of the fruit/veggie; but some is better than nothing.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post

I am raising my child (hope to have another) twinkieless. We literally do not have sugar in our house.
    CHILD ABUSE!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I am blessed that my kids like broccoli, for the life of me I can't understand this, but they do. They eat fruit all the time too.

One thing that did it for me in fast food is the frustration I get with the language barrier, and then having to explain how they messed up my double meat, double cheese bacon chili burger. It is much easier to just go to a regular restaurant to eat. One problem I have is I LOVE Asian food, from Chinese to Indian and everywhere in between.

I may try the V8 again, I'm sure they have improved the taste since last time I had it. I know one issue with that is in drinking your fruit and veggies like that you don't get the fiber from the pulp of the fruit/veggie; but some is better than nothing.
    i'm busy trying to cure myself off the beef jerky. it's hard since Slim Jim now has it's own brand.

I like to grill veggies (esp. portabella mushrooms) with some shrimp or chicken...switched to turkey meat over beef for my burgers.

I bought some of the V8 drinks...they are pretty good. i used to think they were nasty, but since they have fruit/veggie ones, the taste is more palatable.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

That's why I run 20 miles a week, and try to eat healthy...
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links